GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
Wow those fog lights on EJ's car are awesome. Makes me second think deleting my fogs in the name of #racecar
Nice to meet you James. Thanks for the compliment.
Got an O2 spacer installed so I can pass emissions, new plugs and I finally got some red top coils and got the DeAuto Key yellow/white LED fog lights installed. Man I like these fog lights a lot. They're super bright, the yellow is a deep yellow color, unlike the shitty Nokia's I tried, and the white is a perfect color match to the stock Hid headlights.
It was good to meet you too!

Those fogs are outstanding!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Deleted my Facebook. Feels good man. Just gonna be forums and reddit now.

I have never had one. I think about getting one so I can be more involved in local car stuff since that is the only thing that anyone ever uses. Then I'm like is it worth it?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’ve never been on FakeBook. The only reason that I ever got on Instagram was to register for a car show. That was the only way that they were doing it. I only post car stuff. I find it frustrating that I don’t have access to marketplace and a lot of car show info, but, like GolNat said... “Is it worth it?”
I’m begrudgingly on LinkedIn, but hate it. My school says that it is a necessary tool to get a job in today’s market. Why is it okay for the job market to me skewed against introverted, private people?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I really started thinking about it this month. The only thing holding me back is the old friends I haven't talked to in a long time that are on my friends list, kinda like being able to reach out if I wanted to, and facebook is my only way to contact them. I've got very few family members on my facebook just because I used to smoke a lot of pot and all my friends were pot heads too, so I wouldn't accept family members friend invites to keep them from seeing anything I didn't want them to see. These days I couldn't be happier that I did that. I don't want to see their stupid ass political memes or know about their stupid ass political opinions. I've also been unfollowing people that post political shit. There's like 1 or 2 people that post politics that I haven't unfollowed and that's just because I feel like they're always spot on, and it's hardly ever about attacking the other side, just truths. I've kept my facebook pretty clean so you scroll through it and it's like 99% car stuff.

Kinda feeling like facebook is gonna make all our parents racists within the next 4 years. For 2-3 months I feel like all I saw my dad doing was watching every violent thing that happened at these protests. My uncle bought a fucking a gun because of antifa and said with excitement that he can't wait to shoot someone or run over a protester. We live in Florida where none of this shit is happening...How far we've fallen...

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I only talk with a handful of people on Facebook, but they all have my cell number so they can always call or text me. I got sick of seeing all the bullshit online and all the ads. I made sure go save all my pictures cause I knew my wife would be mad if I didn't.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I really started thinking about it this month. The only thing holding me back is the old friends I haven't talked to in a long time that are on my friends list, kinda like being able to reach out if I wanted to, and facebook is my only way to contact them. I've got very few family members on my facebook just because I used to smoke a lot of pot and all my friends were pot heads too, so I wouldn't accept family members friend invites to keep them from seeing anything I didn't want them to see. These days I couldn't be happier that I did that. I don't want to see their stupid ass political memes or know about their stupid ass political opinions. I've also been unfollowing people that post political shit. There's like 1 or 2 people that post politics that I haven't unfollowed and that's just because I feel like they're always spot on, and it's hardly ever about attacking the other side, just truths. I've kept my facebook pretty clean so you scroll through it and it's like 99% car stuff.

Kinda feeling like facebook is gonna make all our parents racists within the next 4 years. For 2-3 months I feel like all I saw my dad doing was watching every violent thing that happened at these protests. My uncle bought a fucking a gun because of antifa and said with excitement that he can't wait to shoot someone or run over a protester. We live in Florida where none of this shit is happening...How far we've fallen...
I used to smoke a lot of pot, still do, but I used to as well.

Old people believe literally everything on the internet, it's sad. 95% of the shit my dad posts on fb is not true but he believes it and gets all worked up about it. Then gets mad at me for telling him its not fact checked and is completely false. Sigh.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
I’ve never been on FakeBook. The only reason that I ever got on Instagram was to register for a car show. That was the only way that they were doing it. I only post car stuff. I find it frustrating that I don’t have access to marketplace and a lot of car show info, but, like GolNat said... “Is it worth it?”
I’m begrudgingly on LinkedIn, but hate it. My school says that it is a necessary tool to get a job in today’s market. Why is it okay for the job market to me skewed against introverted, private people?

Can't stand LinkedIn. Only had it because my school said that it made it look better on resumes. Not once have I used it in my professional life.

Got off FB cause of the amount of ignorant racist shit on there. Convinced my mom to get off FB as well, trying to actively avoid a similar situation @sterkrazzy

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Old people believe literally everything on the internet, it's sad. 95% of the shit my dad posts on fb is not true but he believes it and gets all worked up about it. Then gets mad at me for telling him its not fact checked and is completely false. Sigh.

The great Mitch. I still do too, just not as much as back then lol

There's been times I've corrected my dad. Maybe he believed it, but all he does is make some retort about the other side. It's incredibly hard to get him to criticize his own side. Even when he knows the truth he still mocks it.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
The great Mitch. I still do too, just not as much as back then lol

There's been times I've corrected my dad. Maybe he believed it, but all he does is make some retort about the other side. It's incredibly hard to get him to criticize his own side.
There was a 2 part video that I sent to my dad, had a bunch of Obama quotes disguised as Trump quotes and my dad hopped all over it agreeing, the second part was all "oh woops, that was obama not trump"

Made him absolutely livid and he didn't talk to me for a week lmao

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie

That just blows me away. 🤦🏾‍♂️

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
There was a 2 part video that I sent to my dad, had a bunch of Obama quotes disguised as Trump quotes and my dad hopped all over it agreeing, the second part was all "oh woops, that was obama not trump"

Made him absolutely livid and he didn't talk to me for a week lmao

It blows my mind. We got a vet at work that's a die hard trump supporter. Every once in a while one of my republican co-workers who calls out both sides all the time, he's not biased toward any side and just calls shit as he sees it, will try and talk to him about things. After some of the news about what he's said about vets and how he treats vets recently, he went to have another chat with him, and the vet was just like, I'm turning everything off and not paying attention to any politics until the election. I know he's not going to change his vote, so instead he's just choosing to ignore the information. He's the type of person that would post the picture of the guy driving through the crowd at Charlottesville and state how dangerous antifa and blm is.