GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yup, all new tile through a little more than half of the house. All the cabinets and counters got ripped out to be replaced and so we can redo the layout. I can't wait for it to be over. My dog barely ate for the first 2 weeks because of all the noise stressing him out. He's been doing really good the last few weeks now. Plus all the shit in the kitchen is now in the garage so I've been parked outside for the last 5 weeks. I do miss my garage.

Really all that's left now is some electrical work, some plumbing, and the counters need to be installed. I feel like they should be able to finish this week, but getting people to come out to the house hasn't been easy. The electrician has left us hanging for it seems like 2-3 weeks now.
In 4 pics when complete

Phur

Autocross Champion
Turkey is the worst. Prime rib FTW!
I have never had prime rib. I am curious though. What cut does it resemble in texture and flavor?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I just ordered golf r / ED35 side skirts to go with the ED35 bumper last night. Lady Phur said that I would be much happier with them.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I have never had prime rib. I am curious though. What cut does it resemble in texture and flavor?
Hard to explain, but its just a really really good cut of beef roast , that should be cooked to medium rare (more on the rare side usually)

Falls apart, best served with au jus (imo) and generally also served with horseradish
Granite is so 1990’s
All about the quartz now iirc
yeah it's called fashion. look it up.
oh wow yeah
I love Turkey with all the trimmings, got to be careful not to overcook it though. Prime rib is great too, will be having that for Christmas
Prime rib ftw

I usually opt for a filet mignon and quality seafood for holidays
Woahhhh new site, who dis?
iknowrite
What's up Frank
this^
In 4 pics when complete
this^
Meh, if it needs all the trimmings to taste good, it’s not good.
This^

Whole Chicken > Turkey

torga

Autocross Champion
Whole Chicken > Turkey
A whole chicken prepared by someone with decent equipment who's good at smoking meats is almost the perfect meat. I say almost because I can't think of anything that truly beats a thick, nicely marbled rare/med-rare steak with a nice pan sauce. Either shallot/redwine or butter/garlic/rosemary, plus those delicious sear scrapings.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I love Turkey with all the trimmings, got to be careful not to overcook it though. Prime rib is great too, will be having that for Christmas

Me too - when done right. 95% of the time it winds up dry AF. My dad figured out a way to do it in the oven with a couple pounds of butter that keeps it coming out super moist and juicy.

We otherwise don't have "all the trimmings" - it was hard enough to get Grandma to allow a turkey back in the day. It was otherwise always 100% traditional handmade Polish food. Grandma passed last year but we still keep up with the food tradition.

It's awesome. Melts in your mouth. Very tender, very flavorful.

Best Prime Rib ever = Schwarz's Supper Club, ~15 minutes north of Road America.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
just a beef roast with good marbling. it's the same cut as ribeye steaks are. its just cooked in a big block of meat form.

torga

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
1575399783604.png

Big block meat

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
A whole chicken prepared by someone with decent equipment who's good at smoking meats is almost the perfect meat. I say almost because I can't think of anything that truly beats a thick, nicely marbled rare/med-rare steak with a nice pan sauce. Either shallot/redwine or butter/garlic/rosemary, plus those delicious sear scrapings.

Butterflied garlic/herb whole chicken in a cast iron FTW

A lot of meats also have a lot to do with what you pair them with.... Steak with some good shrimp or scallops is a nice pairing tbh

Costco™ has some really good seafood and steak options....

...annnd now im hungry.

I could go for some Pernil or perhaps a nice Cuban sandwich. mmh

that was my nickname in high school
Lol ^