GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
That's going to be tough, you'd have to drop the car off for a few days for the super pin.. It requires a jig be JB welded on before you can drill out the oem bracket and you have to let the JB weld cure for 24 hours before you can do it. Additionally it's sold as a kit with the first gear getter which also has a 24 hour cure time after that's installed. The car will be down for 3 days

This seems a little crazy to me for something the DG shift kit already kind of does. - learn to shift like a real man first!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
This seems a little crazy to me for something the DG shift kit already kind of does. - learn to shift like a real man first!
It's quite a bit different than what the DG shifter does. And quite the opposite, it's the people that DO know how to shift that are seeking the ultimate shifting experience of zero slop. I'm probably going to end up buying the super pin and first gear getter in mine. I have shifter bushings, bracket bushings, the super slider, and delrin shaft bushings. This would complete it along with shimming the ball socket.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
It's quite a bit different than what the DG shifter does. And quite the opposite, it's the people that DO know how to shift that are seeking the ultimate shifting experience of zero slop. I'm probably going to end up buying the super pin and first gear getter in mine. I have shifter bushings, bracket bushings, the super slider, and delrin shaft bushings. This would complete it along with shimming the ball socket.

Zero slop would be a game changer. But zero Slop for realz, like no lies, for really real? I guess if you are re-drilling and fabbing it up it should be worth the time spent to install. i know i would be pissed if i took the time to install and the end result was a only a slight better shift feel. I may be late to the party but does someone have this installed on here?

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie

I promised Lady Honda Guy that I would never do another short shift kit.

TBH, I don’t have any issues with the length of the throw. I just want slop free, snick-snick shifts. It’s pretty good now, but I know it can be better. When the time comes I’ll go all in like Jay.

jay745

I promised Lady Honda Guy that I would never do another short shift kit.

TBH, I don’t have any issues with the length of the throw. I just want slop free, snick-snick shifts. It’s pretty good now, but I know it can be better. When the time comes I’ll go all in like Jay.
There's no need to. The stock GTI shifter is a bit long but the R shifter I think is perfect. I put the R shifter in both of my cars and love it. DG shifter is way too short, I don't know how people like that.

torga

Autocross Champion
Zero slop would be a game changer. But zero Slop for realz, like no lies, for really real? I guess if you are re-drilling and fabbing it up it should be worth the time spent to install. i know i would be pissed if i took the time to install and the end result was a only a slight better shift feel. I may be late to the party but does someone have this installed on here?
There are a couple that have done it, but the only one I know for sure is Tony48. He made a thread on it, so you could search it. I'm planning on doing mine soon. I'm like Jay, I have almost the entire Dieselgeek suite.
Everything has been a noticeable improvement over stock and since I know everything else is rock solid, I can visibly see the rest of my slop between the riveted pin that the Super Pin replaces, as well as the bushing at the bottom of the bell crank arm (what DG calls the cable saver).
There's no need to. The stock GTI shifter is a bit long but the R shifter I think is perfect. I put the R shifter in both of my cars and love it. DG shifter is way too short, I don't know how people like that.
Man, I love my Sigma 6. Throw is perfect, imo. Only thing I've noticed is when I'm annoyed in bumper to bumper traffic and going between 1st and neutral for 10 min straight, the short throw with the weighted knob wants to drop me into 2nd if I shift too hastily. But as far as shifting between gears, never had an issue -- almost shifts itself.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
car chat on a car forum. wild.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
back when i had the GTI - back in the Chi-chat days of Muskie, Lamb, Rizzo, and Gun. I spent several sessions adjusting and zeroing in my Sigma SSK and it was by far the one of the best mods besides the KO4 .

The trick was to adjust/use, adjust/use, and then adjust again. I had it dialed in perfect because I took the time to do it right. It felt like my shifting was mere clicks - it was the sh*t!

That is why I am questioning how much better could it get. Those guys at DG know what they are doing, that's for sure.

jay745

back when i had the GTI - back in the Chi-chat days of Muskie, Lamb, Rizzo, and Gun. I spent several sessions adjusting and zeroing in my Sigma SSK and it was by far the one of the best mods besides the KO4 .

The trick was to adjust/use, adjust/use, and then adjust again. I had it dialed in perfect because I took the time to do it right. It felt like my shifting was mere clicks - it was the sh*t!

That is why I am questioning how much better could it get. Those guys at DG know what they are doing, that's for sure.
The good old days. I still talk to gunkata(JAWN) daily, lamb every once in a while.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Forge short shifter and side to side short shifter, feels great. I still have some slop I'd like to get rid of, But I'm happy with where its at for now.

Also don't know if I ever posted it here, but I finished the break in two weekends ago. Car feels great. I am already ready for more power.