GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Did some ricer shit to a 1.4t jetta this weekend. Bov, intake, coilovers, drilled and slotted brakes, dg short shifter.
I dicked around with an RNS510 I bought for tiguan. forgot i didnt have a BT module and dont feel like going though the process of adding that. wishing i could get one of those Kenwood units that @KollinWithaK has. not luck on ebay right now with sellers who will ship from europe.

Also started messing around with the fitment of my CF hood that is installed that i dont think I have mentioned/revealed on here yet. i think i need spacers on the hood latch to get it sitting right.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I dicked around with an RNS510 I bought for tiguan. forgot i didnt have a BT module and dont feel like going though the process of adding that. wishing i could get one of those Kenwood units that @KollinWithaK has. not luck on ebay right now with sellers who will ship from europe.

Also started messing around with the fitment of my CF hood that is installed that i dont think I have mentioned/revealed on here yet. i think i need spacers on the hood latch to get it sitting right.
What's the weight savings on that bad boy? Pics or it didn't happen

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Yeah...it's been slow here. 😕

Dodge news....I might be selling off my Charger Scat Pack to Vroom for a small profit and then will (potentially) pick up a new Arteon SEL Premium to replace it.
I miss having a VW, and it has more room than the Charger (because 3 kids) and lots of tech/cool features.
Giving up the 485hp & V8 noises though is my only hesitation.

This shows/confirms how wacky the used car market currently is btw.
Great time to sell a car, not a good time to buy a used car IMO.
The car had a MSRP of $50,165 when new.
Had I purchased it, I could've scooped it up for like $40-41k new with my employee discount & the Power Dollars. (but I leased it instead, which was still discounted)

January:
0ED7067F-1C67-48C1-A206-9824DCDED060 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

Today:
0BDE3ABC-94AD-4506-B8D3-A66D176D1914 by snobrdrdan, on Flickr

Just a $10k change/swing :eek:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
No Atlas or Tiguan? The Arteon is nice.

Did you try Carvana? They gave me a better quote for my wagon then Vroom.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
No Atlas or Tiguan? The Arteon is nice.

Did you try Carvana? They gave me a better quote for my wagon then Vroom.
The wife has a Traverse for family hauling/SUV duty.
The Atlas was a DOG and that's why we ended up with the Traverse over the Atlas (and it was cheaper to lease too).

Tiguan...NO. Crappy materials and a super lame engine. Sharp looking, but no. The prior generation (although smaller) was waaay nicer/better built.

The Arteon has some potential when tuned, according to the numbers anyways....minus the slushbox auto holding it back. And it's pretty "premium"

The dealer offered me $43,500 on trade in.
Carvana offered $42,384
I'll take the $46,651 from Vroom and run! lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion
The Atlas was a DOG and that's why we ended up with the Traverse over the Atlas (and it was cheaper to lease too).

Tiguan...NO. Crappy materials and a super lame engine. Sharp looking, but no. The prior generation (although smaller) was waaay nicer/better built.

The Arteon has some potential when tuned, according to the numbers anyways....minus the slushbox auto holding it back. And it's pretty "premium"

Carvana offered $42,384

Ah okay her having that certainly helps. That's what our 07 Pilot was for.

Yeah the Tiguan is "cheaply" made. I just want a lowered one cause they look sexy.

I like the Atlas with the VR6 and resonator delete.

I was impressed with the Arteon from the reviews I have watched/read. Audi levels of "premium".

Lol, yeah I'd take it and run too. Don't be like me and wait a few weeks after getting a quote and then you go to move the car and the effing clutch goes to the floor. Welp that's gotta get fixed now 🤦‍♂️

Sexy Tiguan

1619503650753.png

or raised Atlas

1619503960621.png

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Holy cow, the car feels so much better after yesterday's work. I knew it needed the rears done for sure but I'm a little surprised by the change.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion

Carvana offered $42,384

Sno, remember when you got that note from one of your crazy neighbors back in 2014 or so about not buying American cars.

do you still live in that hood or did you move? did you ever find out who it was?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Dodge news....I might be selling off my Charger Scat Pack to Vroom for a small profit and then will (potentially) pick up a new Arteon SEL Premium to replace it.
I miss having a VW, and it has more room than the Charger (because 3 kids) and lots of tech/cool features.

Had I purchased it, I could've scooped it up for like $40-41k new with my employee discount & the Power Dollars. (but I leased it instead, which was still discounted)

January:

Today:

HODL, SHOOT THE MOON

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Carvana offered $42,384
did you look at the crosssport though?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion

January:

Today:

Last time I checked my car on Carvana, it was about $15,400... I considered it for a while lol.