GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Last few parts rolling in for the R for a while.
Bought the full Dutch Parts Co line up for it, so splitter and side skirts. No more car stuff after that, have to unexpectedly move thanks to a $400 increase in rent on lease expiration :)
Saw an article this week saying 330k people have moved to FL in the last year. 🤮

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Saw an article this week saying 330k people have moved to FL in the last year. 🤮
hopefully the awful diehard tom brady fans from up here are the majority of them.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Driving home today and noticed steering wheel vibration @ ~70 mph, nothing above (85) or below (60) that. Caused my TPMS to go off but tires look fine. No vibration on decel, maybe a little bit on aggressive accel. Slightly off balance wheel?

A year minimum, maybe more. Unless I find a bunch of money laying around somewhere. Buying the wagon didn't help, but it shot my credit score up higher. I was at like 720 or so before I bought it, right around 745 now.

I feel this. Got a mortgage's worth of student loan payments... would love to own instead of dealing with my landlord.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Driving home today and noticed steering wheel vibration @ ~70 mph, nothing above (85) or below (60) that. Caused my TPMS to go off but tires look fine. No vibration on decel, maybe a little bit on aggressive accel. Slightly off balance wheel?

I feel this. Got a mortgage's worth of student loan payments... would love to own instead of dealing with my landlord.
Sounds about right on the wheel. When was last time you got them balanced?

Phur

Autocross Champion

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Sounds about right on the wheel. When was last time you got them balanced?

Would've been last year - the mount and balance that's included with wheels+tires from Tire Rack. Maybe time to get that redone and throw an alignment in while I'm there.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Would've been last year - the mount and balance that's included with wheels+tires from Tire Rack. Maybe time to get that redone and throw an alignment in while I'm there.
Well look for where a weight used to be to confirm I guess. Alignment can't hurt but have you noticed any issues with uneven wear or anything on the tires? I haven't had an alignment in 3 years lol

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I had a tiny bend in a front wheel on my old Lexus. You could only feel it around 70mph. The dealer told me it needed a brand new wheel, that it also damaged the wheel bearing(ticking sound when turning), and it needed an alignment. It was all on my dime, I just said no thanks I'll take my car back.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Well look for where a weight used to be to confirm I guess. Alignment can't hurt but have you noticed any issues with uneven wear or anything on the tires? I haven't had an alignment in 3 years lol

Nah, no real issues with tire wear. Just figure it's not a bad thing to check.

I had a tiny bend in a front wheel on my old Lexus. You could only feel it around 70mph. The dealer told me it needed a brand new wheel, that it also damaged the wheel bearing(ticking sound when turning), and it needed an alignment. It was all on my dime, I just said no thanks I'll take my car back.

Stealership did the same thing to my GF with her CPO Tig. I told her no way in hell.