GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
That was also our thought process. Trying to step the game up. We'll have an Alpine VAG Fair Video.

Speaking of is anyone going to Helen this year?
I wish i could - i have plenty of vaca time but my company has not yet adjusted their travel policy in light of vaccinations.

also i think they go by Alpine Volks Fair now since the VAGFAIR guys probably are not affiliated without a fee for use of the name there.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
I wish i could - i have plenty of vaca time but my company has not yet adjusted their travel policy in light of vaccinations.

also i think they go by Alpine Volks Fair now since the VAGFAIR guys probably are not affiliated without a fee for use of the name there.

Your right its Volks Fair but the name changed for a different reason I believe, I've just always known it as Vag Fair or Helen.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Your right its Volks Fair but the name changed for a different reason I believe, I've just always known it as Vag Fair or Helen.
sorry if that came across as know-it-all-asshole - while that would be correct about me that was not my intent there.

before they changed the name i knew Helen, GA show as SoWo, never heard it called VagFair. i knew of the VAGFAIR in PA and then the one in Maine when Cory Sterling moved up there and got that going a few years back.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
sorry if that came across as know-it-all-asshole - while that would be correct about me that was not my intent there.

before they changed the name i knew Helen, GA show as SoWo, never heard it called VagFair. i knew of the VAGFAIR in PA and then the one in Maine when Cory Sterling moved up there and got that going a few years back.
how dare you be a know-it-all-asshole

LOL idc just messing with you. Most of the more OG people here at work know it as SoWo as well.

Phur

Autocross Champion
It sounds like they need to figure out their lives.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Put an apr short shifter in the R on saturday. I want to say I like it more than the sigma6 my mk6 had, but it's been a while since I've driven that car. I only did the lever that reduces front to back so the side to side stayed the same, that made the install easier at least. The worst part was just removing the old shifter, that thing didn't want to come out. Before I went for a test drive I decided to raise the height of my raceseng knob too. Then I broke every damn clip on the shift boot retainer doing that. It comes out with no effort now, but it doesn't rattle or anything so whatever.

When I shift I've always kinda felt like my feet were faster than my hands. Now with the shorter throw my hands and feet feel a little more in sync and shifts feel smoother. Still need a little more time to get used to it, but so far it feels good.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Tune and wheels on the way?

Also, no dubya Cobra updates?

That's the plan!
First off, tint this weekend (hopefully)
Next week, ceramic coat

Then yeah, I gotta figure out the wheels. The 20's look nice, but I'm assuming they're heavy and there's not much sidewall for our shitty Michigan roads (they're 245/35/20's).
I wanna drop down to, at least, 19's. Then get something lighter weight too.
Then a tune, after it's broken in, and then whatever other mods after that.

Yeah...Dubya has been MIA for a little while now (at least a month?)

Yeah, unfortunately life happens again. Was working on my retaining wall. Finally got it finished, back filled, and sod planted. It’s not perfect, but it’ll do.

Cobra build is on hold due to parts. I was mocking up the seat and there’s not enough room in the footwell for my big ass feet. Luckily, FF makes an enlarged foot box retrofit. Unfortunately, with covid they are way back up on orders.

The M3 is all apart waiting on the modified bell housing to get back from the machinist.

Hopefully, I can make some more progress before it gets really hot. End of July we’re going to be road tripping up to my parents in NJ, then my wife’s parents in Toronto, then to Chicago for a wedding mid September.

Attachments

• A34D5881-32C2-4649-A267-CF61660186D3.jpeg
    10.3 MB · Views: 58
  • 921C98C1-B66D-4D86-A8C4-46C1C4F09DEC.jpeg
    921C98C1-B66D-4D86-A8C4-46C1C4F09DEC.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 66

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, unfortunately life happens again. Was working on my retaining wall. Finally got it finished, back filled, and sod planted. It’s not perfect, but it’ll do.

Cobra build is on hold due to parts. I was mocking up the seat and there’s not enough room in the footwell for my big ass feet. Luckily, FF makes an enlarged foot box retrofit. Unfortunately, with covid they are way back up on orders.

The M3 is all apart waiting on the modified bell housing to get back from the machinist.

Hopefully, I can make some more progress before it gets really hot. End of July we’re going to be road tripping up to my parents in NJ, then my wife’s parents in Toronto, then to Chicago for a wedding mid September.

Attachments

• 2033E8E7-BCF1-4BAA-AEAD-5A41429446B8.jpeg
    2033E8E7-BCF1-4BAA-AEAD-5A41429446B8.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 56
  • A62516AA-3354-4E1D-A31D-4933EE52886E.jpeg
    A62516AA-3354-4E1D-A31D-4933EE52886E.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 55
  • 5F25361E-89CE-4376-8491-75944B5BAEDF.jpeg
    5F25361E-89CE-4376-8491-75944B5BAEDF.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 53
  • 9668F0A1-1354-42D6-A5B4-D99211A37C65.jpeg
    9668F0A1-1354-42D6-A5B4-D99211A37C65.jpeg