GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I actually had never heard of a watch winder until you mentioned it, interesting. I dont have enough watches in my collection for one at this time. Tag Heuer has a nice f1 watch i saw recently, would be nice but a bit outside of what i feel comfortable spending.

With automatic watches, you gotta have some way to keep them wound if you're not wearing them. Otherwise you're constantly resetting the time and date.

Tag makes some cool watches. I've seen a few F1 editions I like. I liked the Carrera Senna, though I didn't like the bracelet. Wound up with a killer deal on a leftover NIB Monza.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Knife chat

Apparently a 5.5” blade is legal to carry anywhere in Texas. What are my folding options?
I have a few larger folders that I like. Cold steel recon 1, Ontario rat1 (although I think the blade is closer to 4" on that) and a Spyderco paramilitary 2, that one is closer to 4 as well.

I find carrying anything bigger to be a pain. Takes up too much room in your pocket

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
went out for a small hike and found a lost dog, was able to reunite with owner. good way to start off 2020.

anyone got any good weekend plans?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
With automatic watches, you gotta have some way to keep them wound if you're not wearing them. Otherwise you're constantly resetting the time and date.

Tag makes some cool watches. I've seen a few F1 editions I like. I liked the Carrera Senna, though I didn't like the bracelet. Wound up with a killer deal on a leftover NIB Monza.

If im looking at the correct time piece online, that Senna is absolutely beautiful .The see through back plate really completes it. ?

Definitely would change the band though yes, for comfort reasons.

went out for a small hike and found a lost dog, was able to reunite with owner. good way to start off 2020.

Good on you (y)

jay745

anyone got any good weekend plans?
Going to a comedy show tonight and working on someone's car tomorrow. Other than that chilling. I'm doing a no drinking January. Meh

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Knife chat

Apparently a 5.5” blade is legal to carry anywhere in Texas. What are my folding options?

I really like my Spyderco Delica, it’s my EDC Not sure if they come in 5.5” though. Spyderco will have something that fits your needs.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
if i worked normie hours i'd be closer to 60-70 minute commute. since i work 7a-7p, i miss the congested roadways so the commute is at 74mph most of the highway miles.

I don’t work normal hours either so I don’t deal with rush hour but my commute is also 11 miles of country roads. Only the last mile or so is in the “city”. Which isn’t even a city.

Jaber

Modero
Knife chat

Really, Texas has a limit on the length? In IL you can carry whatever you want, as long as you do not have the intent to harm people with it or use it in a crime. Chicago is different though, dem 3 inches (i think).

jay745

Really, Texas has a limit on the length? In IL you can carry whatever you want, as long as you do not have the intent to harm people with it or use it in a crime. Chicago is different though, dem 3 inches (i think).
2.5" in Chicago. Bogus. I still carry a little bigger though. I've got a rotating selection of edc and only 2 are 2.5"

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
For government buildings, court houses, and schools the limit is 5.5”s. Everywhere else there’s no restriction. And there’s no such thing as an illegal knife in Texas. Switchblades, machetes, Bowie knives etc. All legal.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I really like my Spyderco Delica, it’s my EDC Not sure if they come in 5.5” though. Spyderco will have something that fits your needs.
Spyderco yes^
I don’t work normal hours either so I don’t deal with rush hour but my commute is also 11 miles of country roads. Only the last mile or so is in the “city”. Which isn’t even a city.
Sounds like a fun little commute
Be warned: watches are a slippery slope. Moreso than modifying cars
Oh i know lol, cant put a price on a good looking watch
Oh im aware, thats why
interesting
For government buildings, court houses, and schools the limit is 5.5”s. Everywhere else there’s no restriction. And there’s no such thing as an illegal knife in Texas. Switchblades, machetes, Bowie knives etc. All legal.
Interesting

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
If im looking at the correct time piece online, that Senna is absolutely beautiful .The see through back plate really completes it. ?

Definitely would change the band though yes, for comfort reasons.

This one: https://www.tagheuer.com/en-us/watc...bre-heuer-02-chronograph-43-mm-cbg2013-ba0657

I actually prefer a steel bracelet - I like the weight. I just don't like this particular one - looks like 1990s GM "organic" plastic cladding to me.

But yes it can definitely be a slippery slope. There's a lot of watches out there i like and want (most, or all, being steel sports watches), but they're all very similar in style/design, and can't really justify owning multiple of a similar looking thing. So I'm limiting myself to watches that are unique from one another, and at least carry some kind of personal connection besides "looks cool."