GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So hookers and blackjack then

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I want to go to SEMA but I don't want to go to SEMA. Car geek in me wants to see it, but everybody seems to come back saying it's mostly a ricer and lowrider show. :( I think my visions of SEMA are outdated, from back in the late 90s when Turbo and Hi Tech Performance magazine was hot and the "Import Scene" was just getting started.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I want to go to SEMA but I don't want to go to SEMA. Car geek in me wants to see it, but everybody seems to come back saying it's mostly a ricer and lowrider show. :( I think my visions of SEMA are outdated, from back in the late 90s when Turbo and Hi Tech Performance magazine was hot and the "Import Scene" was just getting started.
I mean if you want see the euro stuff you could see whatever the prince Farqaad/Clownboy (Jamie Orr) has brought that year. But yeah I would believe that its JDM/Lowrider oriented.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
I mean if you want see the euro stuff you could see whatever the prince Farqaad/Clownboy (Jamie Orr) has brought that year. But yeah I would believe that its JDM/Lowrider oriented.

Never heard of the guy but a quick Google and... dang the dude kinda looks like Rennhole...

JamiePR_Lighthouse_Crop.jpg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
SEMA has a bit of variety, it's pretty cool but I'm pretty over it after a single day. Being there all week blows, I have to work the booth for about 3 hours a day then have some random meetings and walking around aimlessly looking at shit. Dinners/client parties at night. There's plenty of free booze around but I don't enjoy drinking with work folks much and schmoozing. It's all considered work for me. I'm not much of a Vegas guy either in general.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Well yeah because you shouldn't go to vegas for work shit. All the fun stuff is not work related.

Do you get evening time to go to any shows or anything? Last time I was out there I did a cirque show which was a lot of fun

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Well yeah because you shouldn't go to vegas for work shit. All the fun stuff is not work related.

Do you get evening time to go to any shows or anything? Last time I was out there I did a cirque show which was a lot of fun
I've been to Vegas for a vacay too and thought it was meh. I don't think I know how to do Vegas correctly. I hear all these stories about how wild it is etc and just don't get it. Aside from gambling I didn't think there was much to do. I do have 2 nights off where I don't have anything work related happening

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
DANG WOW.

I just went to the Dragon for the first time back in August, fun fun fun/scary too.

wow, Dan - that's one hella clean SRT4 balls, well done. I know a guy with a 500whp one, insane.. sounds like .. a dragon.
Hey Jawn , whats up