GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
They haven't got it yet, but yea I guess they'll just spend it on other things.
i can send them a list of car parts i want/need.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
R is idling poorly. Think it may be the PCV system. Might be time for a catch can.
I feel you on that. I’ve been sitting on a catch can from IE since fall of last year. I‘ve been thinking about going with their billet valve cover and their catch can that goes with that, but I’m not sure I want to put any more money into IE parts.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
@jay745 you've got more knowledge than I do about our platform. Just want to confirm before I for pay a catch can, rough idle but car runs fine under load. Spark plugs are gapped correctly and relatively new (less than 1k). The only other things I can think of that would cause rough idle would be carbon build-up, and a failing PCV system, correct? I'll be going 034 if I need to scoop a catch can.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I'm guessing you don't have to pay retail. I'd thought about just getting the billet plate and then getting my own hoses and tank. 500-550 for a catch can is a rip off.

Anybody running an open breather? Probably wouldn't need a billet rear main. Used to put them on all C7's that got a blower kit and most made less than 10psi boost.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
@jay745 you've got more knowledge than I do about our platform. Just want to confirm before I for pay a catch can, rough idle but car runs fine under load. Spark plugs are gapped correctly and relatively new (less than 1k). The only other things I can think of that would cause rough idle would be carbon build-up, and a failing PCV system, correct? I'll be going 034 if I need to scoop a catch can.
Could be a vacuum leak somewhere, pull the dipstick and see if the idle changes at all. If there's no change in idle thats a sign of a bad pcv. If it gets rougher after you pull the dipstick the pcv is probably fine.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The new clutch has me so paranoid lol

The old clutch went soft and completely changed what the pedal felt like. Now what happens when you're breaking in a new clutch? It gets softer and the pedal feel changes. This morning after starting my car I pumped the clutch a couple times with my right leg. The pedal feels completely different between different legs, but for whatever reason I can only really tell if the clutch feels right with my right leg.