Autocross Newbie
Yes

Attachments

• 40EFBD32-A913-4BF8-868E-04A63FC9ECA0.png
    40EFBD32-A913-4BF8-868E-04A63FC9ECA0.png
    785.4 KB · Views: 123

GolNat

Autocross Champion
How many of you took drivers ed through your school? I went the private route which was much more convenient/faster.

Took it through school because it was free. My bday is in Feb though so I was in the first wave of kids to get their permit.

So nothing specifically political here but is it common. Where you all are from where teachers get a bit preachy on political matters in classes that hardly or don't touch on politics as a topic?

Not when I was in school. They did have a prayer meeting at my daughters preschool which is a public school. I found it a little odd.

Man it was spring time here for like 2 days and now its getting get cold again.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I took drivers ed in high school just because I needed another class to fill in my semester. I didn't care for driving back then though. I didn't get my permit until I was 16, so I didn't get my license until I was 17. I failed drivers ed because I never went to the class. I'd either go to lunch, or go do my teachers aid stuff in my math class and that just meant doing homework or taking a nap. The teacher in that class sucked balls though. He was a coach and coaching was all he really cared about. Every day he would use students to drive him around for his errands. I had to wait in the car while the asshole picked up his dry cleaning one time. Once I had my own car though I loved it. I had a job delivering pizzas at 18 in my vr6 gti and I did that for a few years, still one of my favorite jobs I've had.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Its called Active Wow - sold, where else, on Amazon - $20 bucks for enough product to last probably a couple of years - no taste , no odor, it just feels like you're brushing your teeth with water.
Oh wow , ill give it a try tbh
I've been there twice. It's OK. Nothing really worth taking your time to go out there. Maybe if you're in the area already. I would rather go to BBQ Smoke house or w/e it is called in Huntley.
Ill take your word

For sure BBQ smoke house is good. Texan BBQ over there in algonquin is/was pretty good.
70s nice
Took it through school because it was free. My bday is in Feb though so I was in the first wave of kids to get their permit.
Not when I was in school. They did have a prayer meeting at my daughters preschool which is a public school. I found it a little odd.

Man it was spring time here for like 2 days and now its getting get cold again.
Yeah most people i knew took it at the highschool

Pretty common at public school

Yeah its pretty cold, been a mild winter though so far though . Longer days started already which is nice: Sunset is at 4:41 here and Civil twilight is up to 5:105:15 pm which is nice.

I took drivers ed in high school just because I needed another class to fill in my semester. I didn't care for driving back then though. I didn't get my permit until I was 16, so I didn't get my license until I was 17. I failed drivers ed because I never went to the class. I'd either go to lunch, or go do my teachers aid stuff in my math class and that just meant doing homework or taking a nap. The teacher in that class sucked balls though. He was a coach and coaching was all he really cared about. Every day he would use students to drive him around for his errands. I had to wait in the car while the asshole picked up his dry cleaning one time. Once I had my own car though I loved it. I had a job delivering pizzas at 18 in my vr6 gti and I did that for a few years, still one of my favorite jobs I've had.

Bad drivers ed teacher was bad.

VR6 gti ftw, hooning pizzas lol

You didnt ring the doorbell when delivering, you rev'd iirc. :ROFLMAO:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I delivered pies back in the day in my MK2 - this was before cell phones and nav , so a little more challenging - it was still pretty fun though

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I delivered pies back in the day in my MK2 - this was before cell phones and nav , so a little more challenging - it was still pretty fun though

lol, Yea this was like 12-13 years ago so cellphones were just starting to get GPS's on them. I never had a flagship phone back then, so my phones were slow as shit and it would take 5-10 minutes just waiting for everything to load, so this was really only for emergency uses. I got really good at knowing all the streets and the program they had on the computer was pretty good. I'd look at all the orders and take the ones that made sense for where I was going, plan out my route and figure out where I'm supposed to go before I leave. There were plenty of times I had to call the customer though, like trying to deliver to a gated neighborhood, but the dumb customers don't give anyone the gate code. Can't imagine dealing with that kind of shit without a cellphone.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Nah, checked it with a reader. Just an evap code, P0444. Checked to see if the gas cap was loose and cleared the code. Came back on, might be a faulty purge valve. We'll see

Someone else said this worked, so maybe you bumped into something

"When I took off the engine cover or was removing my intake I must have brushed up against the wire connector that plugs into the pump and gave it just right pressure to disconnect it from it's place. When observed it looked like it was still connected. Once I located it and gave it a slight push it, I heard an audible "click" and I thanked the VW/AUDI gods for my good fortune. "