GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chris' 2011 GTI

ChrisAttebery

Go Kart Champion
My passenger's side camber plate has been rattling a LOT lately. It got so bad last night that I decided to park the car until I can repair it. :^(

I talked to the guys at Ground Control and we came to the conclusion that the pillow ball bearing that holds the strut shaft is worn out. They are sending me replacement bearings but they won't be here for a couple days.

Ronnie_B

Go Kart Champion
How many miles did you get out of the original set?

ChrisAttebery

Go Kart Champion
How many miles did you get out of the original set?

Sorry, I haven't been here in a while. I got 20k miles out of the original bearing. I finally received the replacement bearings and replaced the passenger's side a couple weeks ago. The driver's side bearing seems fine so I'm just going to wait and see how it does.

ChrisAttebery

Go Kart Champion
I designed an adjustable dead pedal for my GTI a while back. I finally had the time to machine and install it today.

C6E3FB6E-6ADA-4CF1-9BED-B8D01C205E86.jpeg

ChrisAttebery

Go Kart Champion
Over the weekend I installed a new set of Porterfield RS-4 front pads, reinstalled the brake deflectors, set the sway bars to hard, and swapped the wheels over to the RS-4s.

Yesterday I hit Laguna Seca with NCRC for the eighth time. I was running in the Solo group (3-8 days of experience) with point by passing. It was cold and sprinkling when I got there. During the first session the track was WET. During the second session the track was damp. The last three sessions were dry except for a rivulet of water running across turn three which made for some interesting moments. DSC kicked in almost every lap at that spot.

The car is dialed in pretty well, to the point that I don't think I'll be making any changes to it for the foreseeable future. Lots of fast cars in my run group, Model 3, 911T, 981, M3s, Alfa 4C, Jag F-Type, but I'm outpacing almost everyone else in the group. The only car that was faster was a Model 3 with suspension mods. For the first couple sessions there was some hesitation to let me pass. Around the third session most of them let me by without a problem. There was a guy in a bro'ed out LE-1 Camaro that was tip toeing around the track like an old lady. Literally doing 25mph in 45mph corners but he would hold me up for 1/4-1/2 lap every time.

Anyway, I wound up with 3-4 clean laps per session. Best time of the day was a 1:51:28 (73mph average). Unfortunately Harry's didn't start my camera for the last two sessions so I don't have video.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
The car is dialed in pretty well, to the point that I don't think I'll be making any changes to it for the foreseeable future. Lots of fast cars in my run group, Model 3, 911T, 981, M3s, Alfa 4C, Jag F-Type, but I'm outpacing almost everyone else in the group. The only car that was faster was a Model 3 with suspension mods.

Was it a white Model 3? When I was out there last year in the TTRS he gave me trouble too. LOL

Did he disappear during the middle of the day to go recharge? :ROFLMAO:

ChrisAttebery

Go Kart Champion
Was it a white Model 3? When I was out there last year in the TTRS he gave me trouble too. LOL

Did he disappear during the middle of the day to go recharge? :ROFLMAO:

I've seen several Model 3s there. This guy would take 3-4 laps and then pull in. I asked him why and he said that there was too much traffic.

ChrisAttebery

Go Kart Champion
I attended the SCCA AutoX Test and Tune at Crows Landing on Friday. The car felt pretty good. My fastest time was a 65.341. Out of ten runs I had three 65.XXXs. They didn't post times so it was hard to tell how I did compared to others. I did talk to a guy with a GT3 hand he was running 55s. :rolleyes: