GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch pedal went down and stayed down

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
So yesterday my clutch pedal started making squeaking noise I didn't think much of it maybe needs some grease. Today I stopped at a red light and pushed the pedal down and it stayed down. Pulled it up with my hand and tried again same thing. I got it towed to my house. Hopefully not to bad of a fix anyone have a similar problem it's a 13GTI 63,××× miles mostly highway. Thanks

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
The reservoir is full I cant find any sign of a leak. I was hopeful it was the bleeder block but that looks clean and dry.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
My clutch pedal has been squeaking (mainly when it’s hot out) for about 10k miles. A few different VW mechanics have said it’s either a bad TOB or a bad pressure plate spring. My clutch has been slipping for a while and I’m just waiting to install a DKM stage 2 with some other stuff about to go on.

I’ve never lost pressure and had to manually pull the pedal up like you have. Hope you figure it out! Sounds like it may be time to pop open that trans though...

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Yeah I've already started researching stage 2 clutches just incase they have to drop the trans. I'm not sure which direction I'll go I'm not even tuned yet. But I'm planning on owning this car for a while so I figured it would be a good investment.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Just got the call from my mechanic it needs a slave cylinder 😭 I'm thinking stage 1 or 2 clutch kit, what do you guys recommend. And what sites have fast shipping?

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Southbend stage 2 has always been the go-to for these cars. They were one of the first to offer a good drop-in solution and its still a great option. They have 2 versions, I think its daily or heavy duty. If I could go back I'd do the heavy duty as the daily one, while it still holds all my power, is still nearly the stock clutch feel. I could have handled something a bit more aggressive in the name of having a more bulletproof setup.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Note that with a single mass flywheel you’ll get a little bit of noise from the transmission. Personally, I like it because it reminds me of old cars I’ve had.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
So I ended up going with a stage 1 performance clutch kit with a single mass Flywheel from dkm. It made the most sense since I'm mostly stock. It was only 550 compared to southbend which is about 1200. Hopefully it was a good decision 🙈

Last edited:

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
Damn you made your choice quickly lol - good stuff, let us know how it is

If you don't plan on going beyond stage 2 you should be fine.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
Damn you made your choice quickly lol - good stuff, let us know how it is

If you don't plan on going beyond stage 2 you should be fine.
Yeah I felt kinda rushed, I wanted to order a clutch asap so I can get my car back sooner. I'll definitely post up how it goes thanks for all the quick responses too!!!

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
So I had originally ordered the stage 1 clutch kit from ecs (I know, i know) because that had the shipping date listed as the 13th and i paid extra to overnight it. Well it didn't arrive at my mechanic's shop and when I looked it up the shipping date had changed to july 28th. Called and complained and they were actually pretty helpful upgraded me to a DKM stage 2 for 100 bucks extra(because they have it in stock) and are overnighting it for free.