GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Clutch Sticking to Ground

JustinT

Good afternoon,
I was driving the other day when the clutch felt weird.
I went to take off and the car jerked forward as soon as I started to release the clutch.
I noticed that the clutch only came half way up, and then I had to pull it back to me. Then, after letting the car sit I lost complete pressure.

After pumping the clutch I was able to get the car to a shop to bleed the system and refill it.

What could it possibly be? Sometimes the car is driveable but sometimes it is causing issues.

I am tuned so I replaced the clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate at 35K. Now I am at 74K miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smanierre

Go Kart Champion
What clutch did you go with? I've heard the tob that comes with the southbend kits kinda sucks.

csumt76

Sounds like a failing master or slave cylinder.
Yes, when I worked on Corvettes there was a quick connect under hood where you could separate the two. If you didn't have pedal pressure then you knew it was the master. Then you were thrilled you didn't have to remove half the car to fix it lol

Last edited:

JustinT

What clutch did you go with? I've heard the tob that comes with the southbend kits kinda sucks.

I have a BFI Stage II clutch kit.
Comes with a Stage II clutch, light weight flywheel and pressure plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk