GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutches

Alpinee30

HI

Thinking about purchasing a CM Fx250 or a SB endurance stage 2. Has anyone run both I'm leaning towards Clutch Masters. I was wondering the drivability if you have either of these. Car Will do some Bracket racing. I want something a little more robust. Definitely don't want to upgrade again after more power, Car will be getting A TTE 420 by years end.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Likely not a whole lot of people in the forum have used both of those clutches.

There are a lot of clutch threads, I suggest searching and spending some time reading through them. There's a ton of info. @JerseyDrew77 drag races his GTI could give you a good recommendation.

Last edited:

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
I ran a fx350, never used SB. Never driven one that felt right to me.

Check out Ringer Racing. Bit uncommon, but WOW nice I'm in my second stage 3 clutch from them. Feels bone stock except my lightweight flywheel, holds power well. I am at 140,000 miles on current clutch, grabs hard, but disc has to be getting thin. Last one lasted 75,000 miles, till throw out bearing failed . These are K04 miles also

supreme_gti

Go Kart Newbie
I have a DKM clutch kit now (stage 2), my previous setup was a SBC Stage 2 daily, and I miss the SouthbendClutch setup a lot more now.
DKM is nice and can withstand more power but SBC is a lot more favourable when it comes to slipping the clutch (if and when needed).

Alpinee30

I have a DKM clutch kit now (stage 2), my previous setup was a SBC Stage 2 daily, and I miss the SouthbendClutch setup a lot more now.
DKM is nice and can withstand more power, but SBC is a lot more favorable when it comes to slipping the clutch (if and when needed).
I purchased a DKM because your comment and the review posted a while ago. If it has that much grip for the price it's a no brainer the flywheel is heavier than CM but that's ok @ 19.4lbs. And Kevlar Is not fun if end up in traffic on 1. It seems like a good option.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Newbie
Nice. DKM is good. Puts the power down. Strong clutch. Good choice.

But I come from a South Bend clutch stage 2 setup, and I am still adjusting to the DKM clutch feel. A lot heavier and more clutch chatter from DKM comparing to South bend.

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie
There's always the HS Tuning RSR or the DIY version, which I did. A little worky to acquire all the parts and do the necessary modifications, but feels like stock and holds over 400tq.