GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutches

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
HI

Thinking about purchasing a CM Fx250 or a SB endurance stage 2. Has anyone run both I'm leaning towards Clutch Masters. I was wondering the drivability if you have either of these. Car Will do some Bracket racing. I want something a little more robust. Definitely don't want to upgrade again after more power, Car will be getting A TTE 420 by years end.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Likely not a whole lot of people in the forum have used both of those clutches.

There are a lot of clutch threads, I suggest searching and spending some time reading through them. There's a ton of info. @JerseyDrew77 drag races his GTI could give you a good recommendation.

Last edited:

Rolling_GTI

Ready to race!
I ran a fx350, never used SB. Never driven one that felt right to me.

Check out Ringer Racing. Bit uncommon, but WOW nice I'm in my second stage 3 clutch from them. Feels bone stock except my lightweight flywheel, holds power well. I am at 140,000 miles on current clutch, grabs hard, but disc has to be getting thin. Last one lasted 75,000 miles, till throw out bearing failed . These are K04 miles also

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I have a DKM clutch kit now (stage 2), my previous setup was a SBC Stage 2 daily, and I miss the SouthbendClutch setup a lot more now.
DKM is nice and can withstand more power but SBC is a lot more favourable when it comes to slipping the clutch (if and when needed).

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
I have a DKM clutch kit now (stage 2), my previous setup was a SBC Stage 2 daily, and I miss the SouthbendClutch setup a lot more now.
DKM is nice and can withstand more power, but SBC is a lot more favorable when it comes to slipping the clutch (if and when needed).
I purchased a DKM because your comment and the review posted a while ago. If it has that much grip for the price it's a no brainer the flywheel is heavier than CM but that's ok @ 19.4lbs. And Kevlar Is not fun if end up in traffic on 1. It seems like a good option.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Nice. DKM is good. Puts the power down. Strong clutch. Good choice.

But I come from a South Bend clutch stage 2 setup, and I am still adjusting to the DKM clutch feel. A lot heavier and more clutch chatter from DKM comparing to South bend.

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie
There's always the HS Tuning RSR or the DIY version, which I did. A little worky to acquire all the parts and do the necessary modifications, but feels like stock and holds over 400tq.

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
There's always the HS Tuning RSR or the DIY version, which I did. A little worky to acquire all the parts and do the necessary modifications, but feels like stock and holds over 400tq.
Dual Mass Flywheel Yuck LOL. I come from a E30 Background solid mounts and super stiff suspension NVH doesn't bug me.
Nice. DKM is good. Puts the power down. Strong clutch. Good choice.

But I come from a South Bend clutch stage 2 setup, and I am still adjusting to the DKM clutch feel. A lot heavier and more clutch chatter from DKM comparing to South bend.
Do you still have a stock breather block? Did you drill it out. or go aftermarket? I want a heavier clutch the factory feel is ass.