GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

COBB OTS and Stratified Stage 1 "Torque Actual" measurement

theclutch

Go Kart Newbie
Hello everyone, can someone explain what "Torque Actual" means from the COBB Accessport? Obviously I know what torque it. I'm just wondering what the "actual" part is all about.

I was running the COBB OTS Stage 1 and measured around 277 ft-lbs of torque. See attached pic. When I ran my Stratified Stage 1, I only get 220 ft-lbs. I'm having a hard time believing that I'm getting 277 ft-lbs of torque on Stage 1 to begin with.

1. So, what is this actually measuring given that it's unlikely that I'm getting 277 ft-lbs of torque for a Stage 1?
2. If it is torque at the crank and it's accurate, then it means that I'm actually getting more power out of the Off The Shelf tune than the Stratified?

Attachments

• COBB OTS Stage 1.jpg
    COBB OTS Stage 1.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 341
  • Strat Stage 1.jpg
    Strat Stage 1.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 267

DallasDub94

Go Kart Newbie
I've found it inaccurate. Use Virtual Dyno

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
The inferred torque reading is based on internal ECU modelling. Unfortunately as vehicles are modified and as they age the modelling starts to stray further and further away from reality. Further to this the COBB OTS tunes does manipulate the inferred torque tables differently from what we do - so the values are not comparable between one tune to another.