GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Code 2015

$wIrv_Ace

First post....first VW....starting to dance the line love and frustration with these grand turismo iniezione........:D

The car is a 2010 GTI with 75k miles, I recently had to do a routine oil change and switched out the air filter as well since I had a spare. Anyway, on a drive home from work the check engine light came on and thus commenced the mosh-pit of thoughts in my mind. Once I got home I checked the car and code P2015 came up.

P2015 - Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor/Switch Circuit Range/Performance Bank 1:mad:

Since I do not have any type of warranty I try to do as much work as I can. After reaching out to a fellow VW owner/Family member he insisted that I check and clean connections/sensors around the air box. Problem is I don't really have an idea of where to look for these connections.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
If vw will not help you it's not too difficult to do yourself. I think you need a set if torx 1/4 drive, a 10mm socket (1/4) drive with an extension. The passages around the mani are long and narrow. Its not difficult and you CANDOIT!!!

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
While we’re talking about the engine get the timing chain checked. Big problem especially on the 2010-2011.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$wIrv_Ace

VW did cover the work and I'm waiting on the car, but of course I expected there to be something else since were at a dealership. They came back saying I need a carbon cleaning and wanted to charge me 350+ if I do it now and if I wanted to get it done after the manifold was replaced then it would be close to the 1K range around $900.00 I did a carbon cleaning last year but wow those prices are ridiculous.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
VW did cover the work and I'm waiting on the car, but of course I expected there to be something else since were at a dealership. They came back saying I need a carbon cleaning and wanted to charge me 350+ if I do it now and if I wanted to get it done after the manifold was replaced then it would be close to the 1K range around $900.00 I did a carbon cleaning last year but wow those prices are ridiculous.
$350 for the additional labor to do a CC while the intake mani is already off is high. Shouldn't be more than 2hrs of labor / $200-250.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
just got my manifold replaced under 120K warranty with P2015 code. Highly recommend VW of garden grove for anyone in orange county. Hope it all worked out for you!

ruanj0302

Ready to race!
My engine light is on for P2015 with manifold, i still under 120k, i have APR stage 2 intake, should i put back to OEM before bring it back to dealer?

torga

Autocross Champion
My engine light is on for P2015 with manifold, i still under 120k, i have APR stage 2 intake, should i put back to OEM before bring it back to dealer?
Depends on your dealer, I guess. I had a CAI installed when I brought mine in for the P2015 warranty work and they handled it.