GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Coding

Carbonuts

So i have searched and even asked a few friends...with little luck.
I'm sure ill be hammered for the question but that's ok. :w00t:

I need to have a passenger door coded. The mirror doesn't work, the turn signal in the mirror doesn't work and the door doesn't lock. The door was recently replaced.

I have been reading on it and the Ross-tech looks like it would be able to do what i need but i also watched a video on a wireless version. Will either of these do the coding i need as well as some of the other tweeks?

The cost of having the work done at a service shop and the device to do it myself are not that far apart, if one of these will work.

Thanks in advance

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
I'm confused. The door was replaced. Was the locking mechanism replaced as well or you're using the one that came with the door? What's not locking? When you press the remote to lock the car doors, the replaced door wont lock? Or when you press the lock/unlock button on the inside of the door it won't lock the door.

Carbonuts

The car was in a wreck and the entire door was replaced. This was before I bought it. I believe the entire door was replaced.... New mirror and internals. When you hit the keyfob the door doesn't lock, but the driver's side does. The alarm sets, if you open the passenger door it sets off the alarm. If you hit the button on the passenger door to lock the doors it locks the driver's door but not the passenger. Also the passenger mirror and mirror signal are not working. I have checked the wires coming from the door to the car and they all look good. I haven't pulled the door panel yet. The window works perfect.

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Sounds like you need to get inside the door, somebody forgot to plug some stuff in.