GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI, Rocco

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
My ECU box has neither LC or NLS :(
If you're stage 2 it might be worth investing in one heat range colder spark plugs.
I believe it's only stage 2 and up that offers those features.
And I know almost nothing about spark plugs. I got the NGK plats that Advance Auto said were stock - I paid a lot for them, but seeing as I had no time to do research into alternatives, I dropped the $55 for these plugs.

Phur

Autocross Champion
What is LC? Sorry, I’m feeling stupid here.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Duh. 🙄
I was having a moment.
I thought that they came from the came from the factory with launch control... or are you saying specifically on the manual cars?

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Need to rant on how USP displays "in stock" versus "out of stock."
Ordered Spulen boost pipes Wednesday because someone's trying to buy my stock throttle pipe. Shipping says however many days, I calculate it to be early this coming week.

Today I go to check the tracking to find out exactly which day, and I can't find a tracking number anywhere. Just when I was about to give up and complain about that, I notice something on the invoice that says it's expected to ship on the 29th...
Now, I might've missed where it said that exact date, but I went through most of the steps of buying it just now and it didn't come up once. And nothing says it's out of stock or any reason for a nearly 2 week processing delay, with the banner at the top saying they're "100% operational" with respect to coronavirus.
This is what it looks like:
Screenshot_20200621-220250.png

Apparently the only way to tell if it's out of stock is if it doesn't say "in stock" but instead says nothing.
I know everyone will probably say that's obvious and I'm dumb, but why wouldn't it just say "out of stock"? If you don't happen to notice the "in stock" label on a completely unrelated product you could reasonably believe that something is in stock when it isn't.
Examples:
Any rational person would believe both of these items are in stock:
Screenshot_20200621-220313.png

Unless you look at this unrelated item:
Screenshot_20200621-220319.png

Bad site design is bad. Items should not be dependent upon one another. I should be able to look at only the item I want and know all pertinent info about that item.

In unrelated news I spitefully cancelled an order for boost pipes...

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
My car started misfiring again, and this time didn't fix itself. However, this time I also got more clear engine codes, and they lined up with what I suspected:
Screenshot_20200623-102934.png

My cylinder 4 coil is bad. That's what I get for buying used R8 coils 🤦🏼‍♂️ I mean I guess I did get 14000 miles out of them, but still.
Oh here's a LC limiter sounds clip for y'all to enjoy:

Also, I had to cancel my exhaust order 😣 when I finally hooked my gaming PC back up, my graphics card (GTX 1070 for those wondering) was DOA. Not certain why. Had to drop $350 on an RTX 2060SUPER 🤦🏼‍♂️ bye bye charge pipes, exhaust, and my rear rotors, unless the shop says these ones won't pass inspection on Friday. I've put myself in a sticky financial predicament because I'm not actually making the money I expected to for unrelated reasons

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Ugh. Fucking tensioner.
Replaced the tensioner, was debating doing the chain and then I snapped a TTY bolt on the exhaust cam gear, so I figured I may as well order a chain at the same time.
Wait a while, get the shit in. Pull the chain, realize that, since I wasn't originally planning on doing the chain, past me only lined up the crank timing marks, and the cam gears are upside down. So now I have an untimed engine that doesn't line up to the marks.
On top of that, I was rushing because I was having minor surgery on my back that would disallow me from bending, crouching, or lifting 25lbs+ (so no torquing the crank) or my stitches pop.
AND now I have coronavirus. So right now my car is sitting in my garage with the timing cover off and the internals exposed to the harsh New England weather, and I don't foresee myself being able to fix it even if I was able. I'll need to put the mounts and covers on and tow it to a shop - provided I find one willing to complete a partial repair.
Am I able to rotate my cams somehow? I know I can do small movements but I need to rotate them fully. I threw a chain on and started rotating the crank but I ran into resistance and didn't want to press on.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Are you having any symptoms from the rona?