GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Crisis Mode

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
This evening I explained to MrsDutch the various, and numerous benefits of several car modifications that are currently pending for my vehicle.

Rear Sway Bar: Minimal cost, great improvement on the way it handles. Not only a benefit in the track, but it should enhance her comfort while I attack on-ramps in maximum attack-mode. Get rid of that wobble, you know?

Wheels: Potentially expensive, but up here in New England it's expensive to swap tires twice a year. Over the course of the life of a car you could easily break even or better by buying a set of summer wheels and tires and switching them yourself. And let's say I had a set of wheels in mind that were unbelievably light and would be a huge asset during autocross? No brainer.

Turbo: No explanation necessary. Everybody needs a turbo upgrade.

Suspension: Again, no real explanation really needed on this forum.

The problem: MrsDutch has, in the last 30 minutes, refused to buy any of the above four items for my car. A car that carried her for a 3,000 road-trip vacation. A car she happily rides in and fills the door pockets with straw wrappers and Dunkin napkins. A car that never received an engagement clutch.

A car that loves her.

But receives no love in return...

-MrsDutch-

Passed Driver's Ed
Aww

You’re so cute... Over here thinking that I love you enough to buy you car parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
A car that loves her.

But receives no love in return...

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Wheels at a minimum seem necessary. I only have to swap my wheels for about 7 years and they pay for themselves! It's an investment.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
The wheels are an absolute must in the Northeast... Would you go running through snow in flip flops? Or summer in winter boots? Now think of what this poor car has to endure.
As for the rest, can a barter system possibly put in place? Like a turbo for house work that's been possibly put off? I see nothing but win-win situations here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You really do need a turbo upgrade. It's a safety thing honestly, What if you had your wife in the car, saw a speeding vehicle coming towards you and you only had a split second to react, often times mashing the gas to get out of harms way is your only option. You can't trust your stock turbo to perform well enough to save her life.

She should be thanking you for suggesting you upgrade the turbo, because you care about the safety of your wife. I hope she comes to her senses soon and sees this is because you care.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I feel I should clarify. I would like to do all of the above for everyone's aforementioned safety reasons, of course. It's only logical.

MrsDutch has indicated that her paycheck will not be involved, even though doing so would speed up the timeline of increased safety for all passengers.

Think of the children!

MEM GTI

Ready to race!
My Mrs recently approved some new Neuspeed RSE 10s in hyper black. Ordered but not yet delivered, sadly. I’m as shocked anyone, believe me. I live in TN where my argument for winter and warm weather tire swap is weak at best! But I am due new tires, so if new wheels were to be purchased, the time is now (save not only on mounting cost, but also bc going to a wider rim).

Maybe my experience with my wife will make Mrs Dutch step up her car mod support game... then again I paid for the wheels. But, shared bank account, so it really just means I got the credit card points (which I use at my discretion)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk