CSB Thread: Mud Getting Desperate At End Of Threads Life

Who should take over CSB2 thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I fought my dog so hard over a chicken bone once. He grabbed it out of the trash can and would not let go. There was no way I could ever open his mouth, so instead I did the opposite and forced him to keep him his mouth shut. At least then he couldn't chew on it or swallow. After a few minutes of that he finally let go.

Something like a few months later I left a plate of chicken bones on my desk and then got distracted and forgot about it. I found the plate on the ground and every bit of the bones was gone. He didn't have any problems from it. If he would have been smart enough to hide the plate I never would have known he ate a plate of bones.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I fought my dog so hard over a chicken bone once. He grabbed it out of the trash can and would not let go. There was no way I could ever open his mouth, so instead I did the opposite and forced him to keep him his mouth shut. At least then he couldn't chew on it or swallow. After a few minutes of that he finally let go.

Something like a few months later I left a plate of chicken bones on my desk and then got distracted and forgot about it. I found the plate on the ground and every bit of the bones was gone. He didn't have any problems from it. If he would have been smart enough to hide the plate I never would have known he ate a plate of bones.
They won't have problems digesting chicken bone, but they can suffer from harm from cooked chicken bones as they can splinter and either cut or choke them. Raw chicken does not have any issues.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Different story - and this may be a controversial view, dogs should not eat vegetables. They are pure carnivores, not omnivores. People feed them vegetables because vegetables are good for people. For dogs, its filler.
It's something I've tried, but just seeing how he doesn't even digest some veggies it seems pretty clear it's not right. He's got no interest in fruits and veggies anyway.
They won't have problems digesting chicken bone, but they can suffer from harm from cooked chicken bones as they can splinter and either cut or choke them. Raw chicken does not have any issues.
I just avoid all bones. I could trust him with bully sticks. I never gave him any kind of bones, so I never trusted that he wouldn't hurt himself.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Nah that shit got dissolved in less than 4 hours. Their stomachs are pure acid.

Are you telling me we didn't have to force the same dog to vomit (via hydrogen peroxide) the time she ate one of my daughters Lego minifigures?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Are you telling me we didn't have to force the same dog to vomit (via hydrogen peroxide) the time she ate one of my daughters Lego minifigures?
Correct. It'll come out through their ass. When my current dog was a pup he loved to steal socks and eat them. He'd either yack it up a few hours later on his own, or, when I was walking him I'd see him shit it out. Oddly, that was satisfying to watch.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
My 5yo swallowed the metal marble from the game mousetrap. We had to sift through his shit to see if it came out. That was fun.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
My 5yo swallowed the metal marble from the game mousetrap. We had to sift through his shit to see if it came out. That was fun.
I mean where else would it go

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Correct. It'll come out through their ass. When my current dog was a pup he loved to steal socks and eat them. He'd either yack it up a few hours later on his own, or, when I was walking him I'd see him shit it out. Oddly, that was satisfying to watch.

It was this minifigure

1641325322444.png

My daughter was playing with it while eating, so it had peanut butter on it when she dropped it. A dogs dream. While I guess the argument could be made that it could tear the esophagus coming back up, we were concerned about it getting stuck\damaging her intestines on the way out. Remember, this dog only weight 7lbs. If it was my current 40lb dog, I probably wouldn't have been worried. I've seen the size of his shits, and know it could pass unscathed :ROFLMAO:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
When I was growing up one of our dogs ate the fringes off of a floor rug.

They got backed up in her intestines and needed to be surgically removed.

It happened a second time too because she was afraid of thunder and for some reason that made her want to eat the rug. She survived the second time as well but ultimately only lived to be 10.

It was probably the right call to get the Legos removed, especially since it was a small dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.