GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

zrickety

The Fixer
New, I cleared the codes before trying anything
I think you're on the track with the harness. I would try moving the relays around and see if that changes anything.

Phur

Autocross Champion
It is so goddamn cold in my lab at work and I can't adjust the thermostat. I've got a very accurate temp and humidity gauge in here and it reads 68.2°F on the dot.
Lately I've had to keep my coat on and drink coffee or tea every once in a while.

68 feels great outside, but in here it's like a tundra
Lady phur keeps the thermostat set on 63 in the winter. We have to plan ahead for sexy time.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Friend of mine had no start on his engine and transmission swapped mk4. It ended up being the ground for the clutch safety switch.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
This might be peak stupid, but could the float in the new LPFP be wrong? And you have a nearly empty/empty tank?
It's nearly full and the gauge reads it as that. Doubtful that 2 pumps would have the same issue.
I think you're on the track with the harness. I would try moving the relays around and see if that changes anything.
Yeah I'm going to throw a new cam position sensor and crankshaft position sensor in before I go hunting for a wiring issue though. The part that makes me think it's one of those 2 sensors is it ran normal for ~15 seconds after I reset the ecu and then shut off abruptly
Friend of mine had no start on his engine and transmission swapped mk4. It ended up being the ground for the clutch safety switch.
I don't think it would crank if that's it though 😕

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
It's nearly full and the gauge reads it as that. Doubtful that 2 pumps would have the same issue.

Yeah I'm going to throw a new cam position sensor and crankshaft position sensor in before I go hunting for a wiring issue though. The part that makes me think it's one of those 2 sensors is it ran normal for ~15 seconds after I reset the ecu and then shut off abruptly

I don't think it would crank if that's it though 😕
You’re right. They were isolating the starter.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
tweet29088.png

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Can you not read rpm while turning it over? Should be reading a few hundred. A lot of shit will run with no cam sensor

Phur

Autocross Champion

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
How Phur and Lady Phur stay warm with the thermostat set to 63°

f9j3hqgs8s2a1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.