GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
People are so annoying. I'm selling a hex can on fb...guy messages me trying to borrow it first, tell him no. Then he's begging with me "please bro please" uhh no. I tell him he can always resell it after he's done with it. Then he lowballs me, tell him no. Today he says he'll buy it but wants me to drive an hour to meet him halfway. Nope again. Then asks to meet me at 8, I say fine. He says he's leaving in 10 mins...then starts asking me to prove that it's an unlimited vin....I tell him to Google. More questions then he says he's just going to buy the single vin from Ross tech. I probably have about 200 messages over the last 2 days with this guy. And this is why people suck.
/End
Did you sell it

riceburner

Autocross Champion
wow bro. fucking a people suck. i wish i could rate potential buyers and that i could see previous sellers reviews - i.e., when they reach out to me theres a rating hanging over their head.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
People are so annoying. I'm selling a hex can on fb...guy messages me trying to borrow it first, tell him no. Then he's begging with me "please bro please" uhh no. I tell him he can always resell it after he's done with it. Then he lowballs me, tell him no. Today he says he'll buy it but wants me to drive an hour to meet him halfway. Nope again. Then asks to meet me at 8, I say fine. He says he's leaving in 10 mins...then starts asking me to prove that it's an unlimited vin....I tell him to Google. More questions then he says he's just going to buy the single vin from Ross tech. I probably have about 200 messages over the last 2 days with this guy. And this is why people suck.
/End
WIlling to meet me halfway to Boston?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I sold wheels to someone once and agreed to meet half way. I got to the half way point and they were only way half way from where they had left. I got back on the road and kept driving, gave them a new meeting place closer to where they were. I honestly started to think I was getting trolled on that one. Some guy on vwvortex was buying them from me, but he was having this girl come pick them. I started to think I was being fucked with and I'd be driving back with my wheels.

It worked perfectly when I sold my mk6 tails though. He drove south, I drove north, and we were literally pulling into the parking lot together. It could not have been timed better.

cb1111

I sold wheels to someone once and agreed to meet half way. I got to the half way point and they were only way half way from where they had left. I got back on the road and kept driving, gave them a new meeting place closer to where they were. I honestly started to think I was getting trolled on that one. Some guy on vwvortex was buying them from me, but he was having this girl come pick them. I started to think I was being fucked with and I'd be driving back with my wheels.

It worked perfectly when I sold my mk6 tails though. He drove south, I drove north, and we were literally pulling into the parking lot together. It could not have been timed better.
I sold a set of All-seasons many years ago to a guy in Philly. He had summers on and the weather was getting dicey. We agreed to meet in the middle in a city I knew fairly well. It was starting to snow when I pulled into the McD lot and he was in the lot already. He was worried and had called several tire places to see if they could install and all laughed at him.

My father-in-law worked at a "buy here, pay here" lot in that city so he squeezed him in. The buyer wanted to pay me extra for setting that up, but I declined, followed him to the shop, then back to McD to wait. An hour later I drove him back and both of us went home.

But the whole drive up I was thinking "is this guy going to show?"

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

That's sounds like a love story.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I sold a set of All-seasons many years ago to a guy in Philly. He had summers on and the weather was getting dicey. We agreed to meet in the middle in a city I knew fairly well. It was starting to snow when I pulled into the McD lot and he was in the lot already. He was worried and had called several tire places to see if they could install and all laughed at him.

My father-in-law worked at a "buy here, pay here" lot in that city so he squeezed him in. The buyer wanted to pay me extra for setting that up, but I declined, followed him to the shop, then back to McD to wait. An hour later I drove him back and both of us went home.

But the whole drive up I was thinking "is this guy going to show?"
Last year I sold my leather seats. I had a bunch of interest but only had one person come through on the sale. I drove the rear seats to CT to sell to a guy coming from NY. Set the meet in strip mall for a certain time. I waited an hour beyond that and left. The guy messaged me when I was half home to try and get me to turn around, told him to pound it

Status
Not open for further replies.