GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phur

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
I wish everyone in the path the best. I’ll be thinking about you.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I got my shit packed. I'm ready to go.

1664337444915.png

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
He's fucking crazy. I've watched a lot of his stuff since Irma. He goes into the eye of every hurricane, or at least tries to be, and live records the whole thing for at least as long as he has internet.
These storm chaser dudes have to be some of the stupidest people on the planet. I remember they had a show on discovery channel where several of them died trying to drive their modified Aztec into the eye of a tornado. WTF are they thinking? Do they really think that adding some bullet proof glass and some sheet metal is going to keep them safe from a tornado that can decimate a block of houses in seconds ....SMH. Stay Safe my Florida friends

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
heard on NPR some fireman/emerg coordinator from FL urging evacuation. He suggested going to a friends house if possible. Something along the lines of "Shelters are like life boats, don't think the accommodations will be like a cruise ship"

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
These storm chaser dudes have to be some of the stupidest people on the planet. I remember they had a show on discovery channel where several of them died trying to drive their modified Aztec into the eye of a tornado. WTF are they thinking? Do they really think that adding some bullet proof glass and some sheet metal is going to keep them safe from a tornado that can decimate a block of houses in seconds ....SMH. Stay Safe my Florida friends
a buddy of mine from work is a recreational storm chaser/enthusiast. he just follows them and does not try to intercept them if it can be avoided - even he feels those types are kind of kooky.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm on Jacksonville, so we're going to get a tropical storm or cat 1 at most. I have two extra bedrooms and an office with a couch if anyone is evacuating north and can't find room at the inn. Offer doesn't apply if you're on camel and wife is pregnant, I don't need that kind of drama. JK, just PM me if there's anything I can do to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.