GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Cb1 -The Least Credible Forum Member Since Boosted Makes Wild Spam Post Crowning Ritz Cracker And Ketchup To Be Great Pizza

zrickety

The Fixer
Roses are red
Zrick likes that blue
You're still a shitbag
Fuck you
fuck_you_half_baked.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
1679430424248.png

riceburner

Autocross Champion

dtfd

Autocross Champion
its a pointless upgrade but a pair of carbon fiber fenders would be super neat.

id paint match them but where those little blade badges go on them i would leave the carbon exposed.
I know some people really like that exposed CF fender look, to me it looks unfinished if you've just got hood and fender but not bumper. This isn't a bad way of doing it but I have to ask what the point of getting cf fenders is if you're just going to paint over them. It's not like the stock fender is that heavy that you're saving any real weight, nor is there a purpose to it on a street car. You get cf fenders to show you've got cf fenders.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I know some people really like that exposed CF fender look, to me it looks unfinished if you've just got hood and fender but not bumper. This isn't a bad way of doing it but I have to ask what the point of getting cf fenders is if you're just going to paint over them. It's not like the stock fender is that heavy that you're saving any real weight, nor is there a purpose to it on a street car. You get cf fenders to show you've got cf fenders.
You save about 7 pounds per side with carbon fiber fenders, that's not insignificant. I'd paint them because carbon fiber anything looks terrible.

manu97

Autocross Champion
You save about 7 pounds per side with carbon fiber fenders, that's not insignificant. I'd paint them because carbon fiber anything looks terrible.
I feel like there's a lot more mods to do first from a cost perspective. 1200 bucks for 14 pounds?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I feel like there's a lot more mods to do first from a cost perspective. 1200 bucks for 14 pounds?
Absolutely agree, just saying when you're down the rabbit hole and that's all that's left it might be worthwhile to some. Between the hood, fenders, hatch, lexan windows there's probably about 150 pounds total.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Absolutely agree, just saying when you're down the rabbit hole and that's all that's left it might be worthwhile to some. Between the hood, fenders, hatch, lexan windows there's probably about 150 pounds total.
I think I'd go on a diet first lmao. Free.99, and arguably would make me healthier

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
fully exposed carbon panels look like ass.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
fully exposed carbon panels look like ass.

The only exposed carbon panel that looks good, and even then, only sometimes, is the hood.