GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS turbo K04X TR-1050-X questions

AsumMK6

Well so far so good. Tuning is not complete yet but can already see and feel a big difference. Im on my 2nd revision now and tuner is turning up the boost. Im limited by my stock MAP but im up to 22psi. Although boost pressure is about maxed on the 2bar MAP still have quite a bit of timing left to go. According to my logs the k04X istnt running out of breath anywhere near as bad up to 6600rpm. The stock IHI k03 maxed out at 161g\s flow and the k04x ive seen upward of 275g/s according to my data logs. Stock k03 peaks around 17psi and drops to 6psi, K04X peaks 22psi and drops to just under 18psi with current revision.

still have some tuning to do but its looking pretty good for now. i will continue to update as things progress.

Slurp3e

I bought it and it has done me well, got almost 400hp at the crank as read by the OBD2 port using obdeleven. Havn't been able to test it above 6600rpm but like AsumMK6 said it doesnt seem to run out of breath and could probably be pushed further at higher rpms (aiming to upgrade my ea888 gen 1.5 -got a strange mix engine in aus, some parts are gen2 but engine is a gen1- to 8500rpm). This was also achieved with a bit of a leak in my intercooler piping as I did my own custom solution as most pre-mades cost around $1700 AUD; the leak was caused by the aluminum piping conecting the stock silicon to a silicon adapter (2.25" to 2.5") not being bead rolled. Have atached a graph to show the results I got. These profromance figures were achieved with a custom TVS ecu (stage 3) and TCU (Stage 3/4) tune.

Attachments

• CTS-KO4x.PNG
    CTS-KO4x.PNG
    72.7 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:

drewfendi

I bought it and it has done me well, got almost 400hp at the crank as read by the OBD2 port using obdeleven. Havn't been able to test it above 6600rpm but like AsumMK6 said it doesnt seem to run out of breath and could probably be pushed further at higher rpms (aiming to upgrade my ea888 gen 1.5 -got a strange mix engine in aus, some parts are gen2 but engine is a gen1- to 8500rpm). This was also achieved with a bit of a leak in my intercooler piping as I did my own custom solution as most pre-mades cost around $1700 AUD; the leak was caused by the aluminum piping conecting the stock silicon to a silicon adapter (2.25" to 2.5") not being bead rolled. Have atached a graph to show the results I got. These profromance figures were achieved with a custom TVS ecu (stage 3) and TCU (Stage 3/4) tune.
This is on an Audi? Not a mk6? Slight differences in power or no between the two?

Slurp3e

This is on an Audi? Not a mk6? Slight differences in power or no between the two?
Yes it was on an Audi, sorry I forgot to specify. I have no idea about differences in power between the two but seeing as both companies use the same engine (with their own revisions) I would'nt believe their would be a vast difference in the proformace between the two. The Audi I installed it on is a 2013 B8.5 Audi A4 Avant (s-line) from Australia. I also forgot to mention I had a resonator delete (the first one from the engine kept the second) and 200 cell HFC (High Flow Cat) installed replacing the restrictive stock Cat. Also installed a K&N Cold Air Intake (69-9505T).

Last edited:

AsumMK6

Yes it was on an Audi, sorry I forgot to specify. I have no idea about differences in power between the two but seeing as both companies use the same engine (with their own revisions) I would'nt believe their would be a vast difference in the proformace between the two. The Audi I installed it on is a 2013 B8.5 Audi A4 Avant (s-line) from Australia. I also forgot to mention I had a resonator delete (the first one from the engine kept the second) and 200 cell HFC (High Flow Cat) installed replacing the restrictive stock Cat. Also installed a K&N Cold Air Intake (69-9505T).
Yea so I almost forgot I made this thread. My car has been down for a while. Crushed ANOTHER crank thrust bearing maybe a week or so after making my last comment here. Car has been sitting while I delt with some personal issues. Should be back on the road in a month or less and I can finish tuning. Slurp3e your dyno sheet looks good and helped getting me excited about my setup again.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Were you able to get close to the advertised output of this turbo on the stock fuel system hardware on pump gas or did you need an ethanol blend or meth to get there?