GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Suede Headliner

bequietanddrive

Ready to race!
Not sure how often this has been done around here, but long story short, my headliner took a crap on me and started sagging like crazy in multiple spots! Must be something about German glue and Florida heat. VW didn't want to help me with the repair, so I went the custom route and had a reputable auto upholstery shop redo the headliner in black suede.

All in all I'm super pleased with the results. These photo's make the headliner appear almost gray, but it is indeed black and pairs nicely with the rest of the interior.

On a side note, I could be going crazy, but I could have sworn my interior lights turned on and off in a slow, dimming type of fashion, whereas now the just pop on and off. Anything that could have happened during the install? Thanks guys!

spiker369

on air, don't care
Jealous. I want to reupholster my headliner but I want something different. If I were you though, I'd do the pillars.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Mine started sagging too here in Florida, called VWOA and everything fully covered. Im currently out of warranty btw. But this is sexy.

bequietanddrive

Ready to race!
Mine started sagging too here in Florida, called VWOA and everything fully covered. Im currently out of warranty btw. But this is sexy.
Good for you man. I'm at 70k miles and pushed hard for a replacement but they wouldn't budge, saying I was 30k miles out of warranty and they couldn't help. Guess it just comes down to the regional rep. I also do my own service so my lack of service history with VW probably didn't help haha

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
Good for you man. I'm at 70k miles and pushed hard for a replacement but they wouldn't budge, saying I was 30k miles out of warranty and they couldn't help. Guess it just comes down to the regional rep. I also do my own service so my lack of service history with VW probably didn't help haha

How much did the suede install run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bequietanddrive

Ready to race!
It wasn't bad at all. It was 300 plus tax. Would have been 225 for a traditional fabric like the OEM liner. This was at a place called BJ's here in Tampa, Florida.

Uberryan

Banned
Mine started sagging a few months ago too. Started around the rear dome light in the hatch. I got VWOA to front the cost of the repair, but I was looking at aftermarket options. Unfortunately I know I won't have the car forever, so I felt like sticking with OEM was the best option for me, which is why I fought them tooth and nail for them to fix it. I guess better resale value for me if someone was a straight stock-ish interior like that. I do like it though. Not big on the "marks" or fabric streaking, but it works.

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
It wasn't bad at all. It was 300 plus tax. Would have been 225 for a traditional fabric like the OEM liner. This was at a place called BJ's here in Tampa, Florida.

That's definitely not bad at all. Pm me some more pics when you get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BP11

Banned
Wow that looks stellar. I seriously need to just nut up and spend the $$ to have this and some other pieces done.