Attachments

• 20210418_184001.jpg
    20210418_184001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 126

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Finally talked to metal working buddy of mine. We might be able to sell this piece with a plastic or cardboard outline for the cut. We would need about ten people interested before we make a batch. He quoted me 60$ for each plus shipping if people are still interested..

So I didn't realize how old this thread is/was, but figure it's still worth a shot. Did anything ever come of this/is there a product available? I'd love to be able to buy a 'kit' if it's gonna be priced roughly around the estimation, maybe we can get a group buy going? Otherwise, a template and some measurements/instructions would be greatly appreciated. I'm on stock airbox, though I have the 034Motorsports Insuction kit (panel filter, accordion hose, TIP)

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
So I didn't realize how old this thread is/was, but figure it's still worth a shot. Did anything ever come of this/is there a product available? I'd love to be able to buy a 'kit' if it's gonna be priced roughly around the estimation, maybe we can get a group buy going? Otherwise, a template and some measurements/instructions would be greatly appreciated. I'm on stock airbox, though I have the 034Motorsports Insuction kit (panel filter, accordion hose, TIP)
Seems to have questionable benefit based on this test. I'm using one anyhow since I like the idea, even if it doesn't do anything. :p

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Its a piece that is part of a whole.
It might be another piece, but functionally it doesn't seem to contribute anything. Aesthetically it's a nice mod, I painted mine red and like the extra red accent behind the grill, plus it balances out the openings.

Shadowtuy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Did my own redition with this aluminum cap thing that's ment for duct work 😂😂.

If it doesn't hold up I'll be buying 2slows one.
IMG_20210516_154855.jpg
IMG_20210523_185556.jpg