GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Damn fool idiot drivers

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Damn fool idiot in a pickup dropped a f**ing table onto the interstate, right in front of me. No way to avoid, I nailed it at 60+ mph. God-DAMN these stupid people, secure your blasted loads, be responsible. There was a motorcycle behind me and one lane over. If HE had hit this.....would probably be dead.

$4000 damage!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now it'll be oh-so-fun. How long for to wait for parts? Do they have enough shop employees? I'd say it's pretty grim. They were turning away customers while I waited for my estimate inspection.

damage3.jpg

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Could have been way worse. Count yourself sorta lucky

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
My job is in the collision industry, shops are backed up for weeks all across the country. Good luck
:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Could have been way worse. Count yourself sorta lucky
Yes, your're right, JoeMama. It could have been way worse. There was a terrific bang when it hit, I had visions of broken fuel lines, coolant lines, more underneath damage. I got off the interstate at the next exit and into a parking lot quick to inspect the car, fearing the worst. No fuel/oil or coolant leaks though, and it still runs like a champ. I checked underneath again the next day, nice and dry with no leaks or drips. Just looks like hell; that whole front area is smashed and torn, even the washer bottle got broken.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Yeah but just imagine if the table bounced and flew through your windshield. No one got hurt right? and that's what matters.

Truck drivers who don't secure their shit are indeed worse than Hitler tho

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
Yea, afterwards I thought about it going thru the windshield. I had the sunroof open too....god knows what could have shot thru there and hurt someone, I did have a passenger. But nope, nobody hurt this time thank goodness.

There's just too much of this careless crap going on, though. A couple of weeks ago locally, another moron dropped a ladder on the interstate. A cop initiated a rolling lane blockage to remove the ladder........ but an impaired tractor trailer driver on drugs hit them anyway and killed the cop. Somehow the authorities found the idiot ladder-dropper and charged him as complicit in the accident. But man---- everyone out there be extra careful, no one seems to care about rules of the road or safety anymore.

alpha3

Go Kart Champion
So is the bustard who dropped the ladder that caused your damage paying you for the repair?
No Ash, the ladder dropper is the one who caused the chain of events that killed the cop. I hit furniture dropped by a different idiot on a different day.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
No Ash, the ladder dropper is the one who caused the chain of events that killed the cop. I hit furniture dropped by a different idiot on a different day.

I've seen any number of crap dropped off on the freeway. Amazing the number of things. Damn shame about that policeman. Out doing his job & snuffed out by some A Hole.

Hope you car gets fixed as good as new. Like has been said it could have been worse & it was for one guy.

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
My job is in the collision industry, shops are backed up for weeks all across the country. Good luck
I work for a collision shop in Philly we aren't backed up at all. Parts were an issue a few months ago but things seem back to normal now. We are currently looking for a good frame tech.
Op go to multiple shops get quotes on price and time. Shop around.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I work for a collision shop in Philly we aren't backed up at all. Parts were an issue a few months ago but things seem back to normal now. We are currently looking for a good frame tech.
Op go to multiple shops get quotes on price and time. Shop around.
What shop and do you want to join a DRP program for a major insurance company? 🤷

Parts are still a big problem out there

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Body shop in Philly scammed my insurance and instead of replacing the body panel they just popped the dent out. Another body shop in Philly did repairs on a different side and it is the only panel on the car with any type of rust.

Fuck body shops in Philly is what I'm saying. Probably not backed up cuz they just rush shit out the door

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
What shop and do you want to join a DRP program for a major insurance company? 🤷

Parts are still a big problem out there
I work for piazza auto group we handle Philly Honda and Ardmore vw. So we probably get priority on factory parts.