GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Damn headlights

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
So today I noticed one side of my headlights on my 2011 GTI (left side) beams in a different colour. It’s not white like the other side. It’s purple-ish.

I believe I need new bulbs? HID kit? Anyone ever experience this? Should I check fuses? But if it was a fuse, none of the lights would be working...

I believe it’s the actually bulb.

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks a bunch!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrickety

The Fixer
Get a new Philips bulb on amazon, beware of knockoffs.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Get a new Philips bulb on amazon, beware of knockoffs.

yeeeeup.. .your Xenon bulb is going out for sure. Amazon.ca sells for CAD $103. Call the dealer to compare pricing. Would replace in pairs and keep the working one as back up.

main reason why I VAGcom'd to run my fogs as DRL to save to lifespan of the Xenon light...

pretty sure there's a DIY on here some where as well.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Thanks everyone! I purchased and installed a pair of D1S bulbs! Cost of 60$CAD in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada. Here’s a picture if anyone’s interested.
Installation is fairly easy on the MK6 GTI’s, just disconnect the negative battery terminal to be safe prior to installing the bulbs. I’ll see how long these lasts. I don’t wanna use the fog lights as DRL... it’s just not for me. I let my headlights run as DRL’s ever since I bought the car. But it is a good idea to use the fogs as DRL’s but you’ll eventually wear the fog bulbs out and the costs is fairly the same. At least for my car. I’m running HID’s for both fog lights and headlights.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Thanks everyone! I purchased and installed a pair of D1S bulbs! Cost of 60$CAD in Scarborough, Ontario, Canada. Here’s a picture if anyone’s interested.
Installation is fairly easy on the MK6 GTI’s, just disconnect the negative battery terminal to be safe prior to installing the bulbs. I’ll see how long these lasts. I don’t wanna use the fog lights as DRL... it’s just not for me. I let my headlights run as DRL’s ever since I bought the car. But it is a good idea to use the fogs as DRL’s but you’ll eventually wear the fog bulbs out and the costs is fairly the same. At least for my car. I’m running HID’s for both fog lights and headlights.

oh you have HID's for headlights? thought the only option in Canada was Xenon or halogen. Did you go aftermarket to get HID fogs? Show your set up.
I use PIAA yellow's off Ebay for 25USD in my fogs for DRL and so far since i got the car in '13 haven't had to change them.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
oh you have HID's for headlights? thought the only option in Canada was Xenon or halogen. Did you go aftermarket to get HID fogs? Show your set up.

I use PIAA yellow's off Ebay for 25USD in my fogs for DRL and so far since i got the car in '13 haven't had to change them.

The headlights are Xenon but bulbs are HID’s