GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dead k04?

K04 died

Guys I have a stock 2012 golf R with 30k miles and a possible dead turbo. Symptoms are a loud siren noise when accelerating and loss of power. Going past 35 miles per hour is almost impossible. I believe it's in limp mode. I have no light indicators on my speedo. No blue smoke. Though maybe a little white smoke. Can any one here give me some good guesses as to what maybe the cause? I need everyone's best case scenario guess"s and cost to replacemt parts list. Do I just buy a Ko4 0064 alone? And pay for what ever my guy charges? I don't plan on taking it to the dealer. Though I want to get my own parts incase my local shops throw in some cheap made in china turbos. I prefer oem Borg Warner. And is there any additional parts or tubing necessary? I've seen some go for 1400 range. Thanks guys.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
well if its in limp mode you would see an EPC light on ur dash. could be so many things.. id bring it to a shop first, could be a big ass boost leak making that sound.

K04 died

Several mechanics have said its typically a bearing... I will be bringing it in tomorrow to have a look... Worst case if it is a turbo... Borg warner sells the turbo with the intake manifold.. I dont believe it can be purchased seperately... Can anyone confirm this? Or know any reliable rebuilders? Im in the mid west....

K04 died

this is exactly the same sound as my car .. Will oil gush out if i do that? I know the dipstick plastic part kinda broke into a few little pieces... I will be replace that as well... But there's a video of the exact same sound mine makes