GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

dealer says i need a new motor...

fatvdub

Passed Driver's Ed
well poop balls... she hasn't died yet dying slowly. I thought it was a clutch issue but after the mechanic took it apart he found the crank had a lot of play.
What i do?

Allchokedup

Ready to race!
Of the motor is already out get rebuilt I didnt know this was a such thing on newer motors. I know on old few motors you had to use shims at the flywheel end,I know these do not have that. Not sure how they get too much play. That is unless the bearings are toast in which case you would have no oil pressure. I'm not saying I know a lot about these but I would definitely do some investigating.
On another note, I just got back from camping close to Iliamna and the bears scared me shitless!

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
well poop balls... she hasn't died yet dying slowly. I thought it was a clutch issue but after the mechanic took it apart he found the crank had a lot of play.
What i do?
How many miles on motor?
Does the motor run normally?

fatvdub

Passed Driver's Ed
Runs strong, pulls hard. Mechanic said clutch looked great. They pulled me back into the shop to witness what was going on. transmission was out and I seen the play they were talking about. I told them to put it back together and i drove it out. $1000 later.
clutch pedal feels odd... pulsating with the clutch slightly pressed and sticks to the floor intermediately I can pull it back up with my toe.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Runs strong, pulls hard. Mechanic said clutch looked great. They pulled me back into the shop to witness what was going on. transmission was out and I seen the play they were talking about. I told them to put it back together and i drove it out. $1000 later.
clutch pedal feels odd... pulsating with the clutch slightly pressed and sticks to the floor intermediately I can pull it back up with my toe.
m

They need to bleed line, you have air in it. Their fault. If you had the funds it would have been a good time to pull motor and at least have it line bored and new bearings put in.

Fast-R

Passed Driver's Ed
GIACUser is right. There is air in the line, they didn't get it all out when they bled it...