GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DeAutoKey interior led kit / License Plate / some extra goodies

Frosty631

Ready to race!
So I just received all my LEDs from DEAUTOKEY.com and overall service was excellent took literally a day to get them in the mail and everything was packaged nicely sorted and labeled and very straight forward.

One thing I thought was pretty cool was the packaging. Some may know some may not its not expected but the bags they come in are ESD bags ( electronic static discharge) which goes to show they are not trying to skimp out on the product my old car when I ordered LEDs came in a clear zip baggy.

Another thing you will see is that a note came in the bag explaining the license plate prongs and there is possible known difficulty installing them and a link directing you to a thread on here. That goes to show they know there may be issues and they are not trying to hide it and blame the user for the issue.

Here is the initial opening/packaging

So by far the best tool I had this entire install was this old gift card worked better then anything else

Here they are installed

Also I noticed that on the back domes all the + signs should be facing towards the passenger side of the car

For those who have the Bluetooth that's where the screws are for the maps and be careful the plastic isn't the thickest around there I used a credit card and once again found that way easier then a screw driver

Also there are two tabs you have to just push in on each side close to the ends for it to pop down so don't force it like I did at first then said to my self wait a second those need to go in

This one is the trunk light when I put it in at first there was a little play and the bulb swiveled and stuff so I simply took a flat head and while the bulb was in gently just bent it in more to hold it tighter...the right side is what I bent in a little

That's all I got done right now it's like 25 degrees out so I came back in to warm up and do this first part. I will post up more pics of the license plate and others when they are done and also at night so you can see everything better.

So far I am very happy with everything and as every DIY says patience when doing it I lost my mind for like 10 minutes with the passenger footwell and getting it out and i put up a thread out of anger and frustration then 2 minutes later got it before anyone responded. I did not have a bulb figment issue tho like some people had have. I will be updating this in a little bit with the rest. Thanks!

Valli666

Ready to race!
Good information and pictures.

Subscribed to this thread, looking forward to the end result.

Good luck.

Frosty631

Ready to race!
So I just blew a fuse putting the glove box in but deff was not due to LEDs fault when I was putting the housing back in I kinda slammed it in so it must have jiggled the bulb and causing that because I check it before putting the housing back in and it worked and right when I hit it and it locked back in that's when they went out so word to wise gently put the glove back in

2013 White MK6 GTI | Yellow Fogs and Vinyl | Injen Intake |

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
So I just blew a fuse putting the glove box in but deff was not due to LEDs fault when I was putting the housing back in I kinda slammed it in so it must have jiggled the bulb and causing that because I check it before putting the housing back in and it worked and right when I hit it and it locked back in that's when they went out so word to wise gently put the glove back in

I heard this issue before.
Were you able to replace the fuse and get it to work, we give plastic wedge (white) to try to eliminate the issue. We can also give a wedge with less volts if you think that would help and we will add them into future orders.

Thank you

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Yup replaced fuse and I actually used the 6 led waffle style one that was for the footwells because I checked oem volts and glove and foots are the same and because I got red footwells as well I had the whites to spare but knowing that they work I might have to get red waffle for the glove =) but the waffle style one deff fit a lot better in my opinion.

Frosty631

Ready to race!
install for these where straight forward had to bend the pin slightly went right in resistors came with double sides tape on them to hold em in place and the place I put them where right in that lip that over hangs the plate up against it in the corner

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Also as you can see now there is no spotting in these LEDs which is awesome I've seen a couple where it did but not these they look incredible! They are the new 6 wafer style LEDs

Also I was sent reverse lights for testing but unfortunately the bulb isn't for the mk6 at least mine lol anyways called a buddy who has a mk4 and boy do these look incredible haha super bright and add a nice clean look led on the right

And then both

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Just got mine today! Super fast shipping! It's 14 degrees out...but I may make it out to my car anyways b/c I want to install!

Haha yea I kept taking breaks and going in warming up and then coming back out lol my hands are still numb

Frosty631

Ready to race!
So close to getting dark out so I can post these night shots up haha I'm excited to see the night shots

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Here are some night shots

Frosty631

Ready to race!
Everything looks so awesome and the price is un beatable that for sure