GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

deAutoKey Remote Controlled Footwell Lights

spiker369

on air, don't care
I just wanted to post up this video that I recently made for deAutoKey showing off their new footwell lights that they have coming out soon. The lights are individually controlled with the remote supplied so you can have two different colors on each side of the car without having to swap out any bulbs.
They also have a variety of colors and options as well.
I enjoy the lights because you can change your interior lighting with the push of a button depending on your mood. Simple blue to red switch in a matter of seconds.

deAutoKey informed me that these will be dropping on their site very soon at a reasonable price.
http://deautokey.com/product/remote...ing-footwells-plug-and-play-led-bulbs-194-921

If you have any questions, leave a reply and I'll do my best to answer them.

Anyways, enjoy the video.

Last edited:

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Kyle do these work by adding wiring as well or just plug into the existing foot well light harness?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor

spiker369

on air, don't care
Mood lighting........:D

;) :thumbsup:

Kyle do these work by adding wiring as well or just plug into the existing foot well light harness?

Like the video deAutoKey just posted, they slide into the stock housings just like their other LEDs. When I first went to install them, I was scared I was going to break them, but they slid in and have been in and working for a while now. :)

bskim2

Passed Driver's Ed
Looks like mini mood lighting :)

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Just bought these a few days ago just waiting for them to arrive. I cant wait!

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
i got my set today an installed them already... installing them wasnt hard at all to me atleast.. The only thing i wished they did was when you turn them on an off or change colors you dont have to do each one individually. Besides that i love these great item very pleased with it.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Enjoy them! And make sure to watch the install video on post #4, they seem tricky to put in at first but they aren't.

i got my set today an installed them already... installing them wasnt hard at all to me atleast.. The only thing i wished they did was when you turn them on an off or change colors you dont have to do each one individually. Besides that i love these great item very pleased with it.

Thanks for the feedback..

These are back in stock and ready to ship:
http://deautokey.com/product/remote...ing-footwells-plug-and-play-led-bulbs-194-921

For having to change each footwell individually, it is the only way, each one has its own receiver. But people like this feature because it allows your passenger to choose their own footwell color and allows for you to have 2 different colors, and lastly allows you to have different features in each footwell.

Customer email:
"Thanks for this cool product, when my girlfriend entered my car after installing these she loved the new blue footwell light, when I handed her the remote and told her she can change the footwell to pink to purple or any color on the remote she was amazed, even though I now have one blue footwell and one purple footwell, it is still a great product."

///Audience

Ready to race!
Will the MFD setting for footwell brightness still work on these?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Will the MFD setting for footwell brightness still work on these?

All brightness settings have to be set with the remote control included with the footwells. So your MFD cannot control the brightness, but the remote has 1-100% brightness - same level settings as the MFD.

Thank you

MyStro023

Ready to race!
All brightness settings have to be set with the remote control included with the footwells. So your MFD cannot control the brightness, but the remote has 1-100% brightness - same level settings as the MFD.

Thank you

I actually want to clarify this a bit. It does affect the light a little - as it changes the Voltage pushed to the array. The MFD control doesn't affect the brightness per say - but does introduce a variance you can see with LEDs. True brightness control is determined individually via the remote.

BTW: Easy install once you get the Footwell assemblies out.