GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diverter valve for relocation

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
In the end, I ended up using a Vac operated 710 Bosch leftover from my old Audi TT. Worked great....smooth and responsive. Just do a Vac tap and Plug a simulator into the Stock DV harness to fool the computer.

I have Numerous Audi Buddies that have NOT been happy with the APR R1....FWIW
But plenty that like the AWE part.

Lotta Pics and a parts list for my relo here:

http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/gti-20-2011-stuff/diverter-valve-relo/page2.html

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
In the end, I ended up using a Vac operated 710 Bosch leftover from my old Audi TT. Worked great....smooth and responsive. Just do a Vac tap and Plug a simulator into the Stock DV harness to fool the computer.

I have Numerous Audi Buddies that have NOT been happy with the APR R1....FWIW
But plenty that like the AWE part.

Lotta Pics and a parts list for my relo here:

http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/gti-20-2011-stuff/diverter-valve-relo/page2.html

Do you advise i relocate the dv to the tbp or keep the current cts k04 relocation?

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
Do you advise i relocate the dv to the tbp or keep the current cts k04 relocation?

Not familiar with the CTS set-up... You can dump the return air anywhere after the MAF. Relo, of course, should put the DV on the cool side of the intercoolers..

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
Not familiar with the CTS set-up... You can dump the return air anywhere after the MAF. Relo, of course, should put the DV on the cool side of the intercoolers..

The cts relocation kit is such that an elbow from an intake bump connects to a tube that goes down and connects to the discharge pipe above which the dv is located through an opening in the silicone hose.

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion

Looks like you would have to plug the turbo outlet pipe and purchase a throttle pipe that has the port for a diverter valve. Then just some 1"x4' hose to route from the diverter valve back to the intake.

You will see lower air intake temps rerouting it

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
already have the cts tbp. how would i run the relocation though without a noise pipe?

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
The Bosch valve was very good too, and insanely cheap. But I just wanted some overkill, looks and sound. It's just when you dream of owning a turbo car, and you finally have one, a diverter is something you crave. Haha I love the Bosch valve, but I love the apr valve even more. Its just a little louder, looks a lot nicer, and operates ever so slightly smoother it seems like. Basing the smoothness solely off the movement of the needle on my boost gauge. it doesnt bounce or twitch at all with the apr, whereas it was a bit twitchy with the bosch for whatever reason. And I found it very cheap used.

I'll put up pics of my relocation so you can see what I used to do it. Guys with a BSH intake or similar will appreciate it more.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Ok so i just made a Fotki album so you can see all the parts and the install, rather than just a few. So go crazy! The first half is with the old Bosch valve, and the rest have the Apr R1. Its the Modshack method, but with bending reducers.

http://public.fotki.com/Sulordan/

But the hardest part was just trying to find a 1 1/2 inch to 1 inch 45* silicone reducer to come out of the TB pipe, and then going into the turbo inlet. Finally i found HPS who made them. It cost a bit more this way, but it just looks so much cleaner. I didn't want my engine bay full of ugly clamps. And the 45* is perfect so the the piping goes straight over the engine without interfering with the hood, (just gotta twist it around to get the perfect angle) and the 45 out of the TB pipe puts the DV exactly where i wanted it. The bending reducers come nice and long, so i just trimmed them to have everything sit exactly where i wanted it.

I still need to figure out what i want to wrap the orange tubing with... maybe the exhaust wrap. This is simply for looks though. or maybe just wire loom.

My garage didn't have the greatest lighting tonight, so the R1 pics are kinda crappy. Sorry.

Last edited:

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Curious to see what you end up doing with the aeroduct hose, I have the same setup and I'm looking for some ideas to make it look better. All the parts are ready but I'm not sure what I should plug into the oem dv wiring harness to avoid problems. I have a revision c dv and I've been thinking about gutting it, pluging it in, and straping it down somewhere but im not sure if that'll work.

Very clean setup you have btw, less clamps than mine