GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diverter valve for relocation

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
So I'm in the market for a new diverter valve. Currently run running oem piston revision c relocated off the tbp.

The piston leaks as some of you may Or may not know. That plastic doesn't seem to seal too well against metal.

I'm comparing APRs R1, Forge 007 or AWEs Borg Warner .....

Anyone have any recommendations on which to go? They are all about the same price and all have different philosophy's to hold boost......

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
So I'm in the market for a new diverter valve. Currently run running oem piston revision c relocated off the tbp.

The piston leaks as some of you may Or may not know. That plastic doesn't seem to seal too well against metal.

I'm comparing APRs R1, Forge 007 or AWEs Borg Warner .....

Anyone have any recommendations on which to go? They are all about the same price and all have different philosophy's to hold boost......

I used the 034 Spec DV on the relo for my K04, and it worked flawlessly. I also used these on my old allroad's 2.7TT. AFAIK, it's the same basic design as the Forge unit, which is based on the Bosch 710N design.

On these units, boost pressure holds the valve shut, so as long as it's not damaged, it shouldn't leak. I gutted the stock rev-c dv and kept the carcass plugged in to keep the ecm happy in my mk6, but you can also put a resistor in to make the setup cleaner if you want. There's a thread on here or vortex that shows you how to do that if you're interested.

My 034 DV also happens to be for sale, and I'm very flexible on price as it hasn't had a bite for over four months...
http://golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51734
Sorry for the shameless plug (but please PM me if you're interested :D).

EDIT: here's the 034 webpage: http://www.034motorsport.com/turboc...ecirc-valves-bypass-valve-034-spec-p-781.html

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
The diverter valve screws into the tbp correct? It's leaking from the threads? I need a new diverter valve and was thing about relocating it there......

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
I'm using the R1 with a relocation kit I put together using the same basic set up as modshack, but with a few different parts to make it a bit cleaner and appealing to look at.

But the valve is great. Insanely quick is the most noticeable thing. If you have a boost guage you can see the before and after difference. So quick that you really can't hear it if you have and exhaust work done, because by the time you've let off throttle to shift and the engine noise drops, the valve has released and shut. So boost builds instantly. Much nicer throttle response. The car just seems to work much smoother in all types of driving. Especially around town. And it's maintenance free! :)

No complaints with it.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I'm in the process of putting a dv relocation together right now, it's a really good idea for people spraying meth post ic. Can't decide on which dv either though...

mdhollis

Go Kart Champion
You mean stock location? If so it bolts to the turbo itself.

No, I have a bsh tb pipe I bought for my w/m setup. It has a port for a diverter valve relocate. I think that's where Rash has the valve and he says it's leaking. I was just curious about it because I want to do a relocate

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the replies and recommendations.

I'm probably going to go with the APR R1 since its matenance free and I'm a fanboy :) plus clapper is running a very similar setup as me and he's happy

Reading reviews, some reported sticking pistons in freezing temps with the forge/ other piston valves......ain't got no time for that....

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
No, I have a bsh tb pipe I bought for my w/m setup. It has a port for a diverter valve relocate. I think that's where Rash has the valve and he says it's leaking. I was just curious about it because I want to do a relocate

I'm running mine in the bsh pipe using atp diverter relocation adapter.

The OEM piston c does not seal well. It's plastic on metal, and leaks even when it's run in the stock location. Do some searches you will see.

I discovered this when I mounted the valve to the atp addapter and blew with my mouth to see if it was sealing. I was able to get a slight leak using my mouth so I'm sure almost 20psi is defenatly leaking....

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
I have the cts tbp and a cts k04 that comes with a relocation. I want to change my rev d and im thinking wether i should relocated it to the pipe. Would it better that way? Also ordering a SP maf based w/m kit that with the nozzle placed it the tbp.what do you think?

mustache rash

Go Kart Champion
Similar to topic; Does anyone know a relocation kit that does NOT use the noise pipe?

Modshacks method, u20-t had a sick setup. Anyway it's going to be a little custom but very easy.

I'm actually running modshacks old kit modified and u20-t hooked me up with the ATP insert and some knowledge...

This is modshacks DIY
http://public.fotki.com/ttschwing/gti-20-2011-stuff/diverter-valve-relo/

Here's a pic of mine

Last edited:

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Similar to topic; Does anyone know a relocation kit that does NOT use the noise pipe?

You need a BSH or similar TBP with a DV port and a T connector that replaces the stock turbo inlet coupler as well as a DV block off plate and DV fooler or just leave the stock DV plugged up and zip tied out of the way. A boost tap is needed if you want to use an aftermarket DV and some misc hoses and clamps. It's not really all that difficult.