GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY poor mans WORKING auto pop trunk hatch

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
What setup do you have?

Im using flipped brackets with the struts not flipped and (2) washers and (1) spring inside the dust cover on the spring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
So spring on one side? I think I'm going to go with that so it isn't as hard to close.

Noooo. One spring on each side. Closing it is not that hard once the spring breaks in. I can do it with one hand

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Noooo. One spring on each side. Closing it is not that hard once the spring breaks in. I can do it with one hand

Oh, okay. Some people made it sound like it was pretty hard to close. Do you have the other ball ends too, or did you just use the stock ones?

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
Oh, okay. Some people made it sound like it was pretty hard to close. Do you have the other ball ends too, or did you just use the stock ones?

Right now i have the stock ball ends but i have some rubbing. I ordered the smaller ball ends but have been too lazy to put them on lol. Once i get those on im sure the rubbing will stop.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Right now i have the stock ball ends but i have some rubbing. I ordered the smaller ball ends but have been too lazy to put them on lol. Once i get those on im sure the rubbing will stop.

Did you get those ball ends from BuyChina?

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
Did you get those ball ends from BuyChina?

Yupp as well as the aspherical mirrors

drodrigues09

Ready to race!

s24086

Is anyone experiencing a horrible groan coming from the hatch area when they travel over uneven terrain once they've perfomed this mod? I'm thinking of undoing this mod to see if it was related or merely coincidental.

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
Is anyone experiencing a horrible groan coming from the hatch area when they travel over uneven terrain once they've perfomed this mod? I'm thinking of undoing this mod to see if it was related or merely coincidental.
Have had this done since the winter and have yet to hear anything groan

drodrigues09

Ready to race!
No problem ?

wlady

Just did this, took about 2-3 minutes to complete. The result is worth it. The hatch opens a little less than normal, but it shouldn't be a problem in the future. It works perfectly fine so far, will come back with feedback after a few months!

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just did this, took about 2-3 minutes to complete. The result is worth it. The hatch opens a little less than normal, but it shouldn't be a problem in the future. It works perfectly fine so far, will come back with feedback after a few months!

What setup did you do then?