GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY - TT-RS control arm bushings, without a press

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
For a spirited daily driver, do you recommend these over the Superpro, whiteline, etc. that have the added caster, based on price?
It depends on if you’re ok with slightly heavier steering, as that’s a side effect of increased caster. I’m not sure how much these increase effort on these cars, but for me I’m fine with how my steering is weighted.

Generally speaking people seem to be very happy with the +caster bushings, but all I wanted was the benefits of a solid bushing with no change in geometry.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Newbie
Just put my new TTRS/RS3 solid control arm bushings in today along with new lemforder front bushings. Was a pain to press and install the new front bushings but got it done. Big difference over the older two hole S3 ones I had. Car feels a lot tighter but not much of an increase in steering heaviness. There's almost no NVH increase over the S3 bushings.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Newbie
I forgot to mention. For anyone who wants to remove the driver side control arm on the DSG, remove your dogbone mount and take your widow maker jack and wedge it between the subframe and back of engine block and pad it with a wooden block or something. Then just crank the jack until the engine swings forward and basically kisses the radiator fans. There's just barely enough room to get the bolt out once you do this. MUCH easier than messing with the subframe

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
I’m maybe halfway through.
This was the easy part.
BCEDAF35-4FCC-43D9-B22E-6F6AC2AB26FC.jpeg

BF69BEE8-1924-4828-AE71-62871593E260.jpeg

6A46DDB1-4608-428D-95C7-FFDD468E7FFE.jpeg

This was the hard part. I’m using silicone grease because anti-seize grease or mineral oil based greases will deteriorate the rubber, and I don’t want to do this again any time soon, lol

DE6C7FC9-6E80-4CF9-93FB-479A7326CB88.jpeg

Done. Mine don’t look as nice as yours 🙄😆
CCEED4ED-4B08-4AA8-82FF-4C17082682CD.jpeg

Last edited:

2stroke

FEBI # 33973

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Popular Upgrade for the VAG PQ35 platform cars.
These uprated bush are a directly replace of the weak standard Wishbone Rear bush
These bush are solid rubber instead of voided which reduces movement, increasing life and steering feel.

These solid rubber bushes can be fitted on any of the following PQ35 platform cars:
VW Golf Mk5
VW Golf Mk6
VW Jetta Mk5
VW Jetta Mk6
VW Golf Plus Mk1
VW Caddy Mk3
VW Scirocco Mk3
VW Touran Mk1
VW New Beetle Mk1
VW Eos
Audi A3 Mk2
Audi TT Mk2