GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do I need to do the 4th year DSG service?

corz123

Ready to race!
Hey guys. It's been about 50 months since I got my car. Should do the 4 year service as I haven't driven my car as much as anticipated and it only has 22k on it. Can I wait a bit?

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
When I bought mine, dealer told me time wasn't as big of an issue as distance. However changing your fluids early won't hurt things.

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Its pretty easy to do it yourself (and cheap if you can find a deal on the fluid). The worst part was having to remove the battery and intake to reach the filter. Hour and a half tops

Uberryan

Banned
Its pretty easy to do it yourself (and cheap if you can find a deal on the fluid). The worst part was having to remove the battery and intake to reach the filter. Hour and a half tops

with the proper tools

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
with the proper tools
and patience to get the fluids to the proper change temps and cool down temps.

Not as simple as just drain and dump.

NYCSuits

Go Kart Champion
DSG services require the proper temp method if you are filling from the bottom (also the faster fill method) because you can't measure it out like a top fill method. If you are filing from the top (the slower method takes about an hour), just put in 4.7 liters and you're done.

It's been discussed that the acceptable range for fluids in the 6-speed DSG ranges from 4.5-5 liters. I just passed 100k miles on my car (55k of those miles with Stage 1), did 3 DSG services (40k, 70k, 99k) using the 4.7L top fill method each time, and the car still shifts perfectly fine.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
DSG services require the proper temp method if you are filling from the bottom (also the faster fill method) because you can't measure it out like a top fill method. If you are filing from the top (the slower method takes about an hour), just put in 4.7 liters and you're done.

It's been discussed that the acceptable range for fluids in the 6-speed DSG ranges from 4.5-5 liters. I just passed 100k miles on my car (55k of those miles with Stage 1), did 3 DSG services (40k, 70k, 99k) using the 4.7L top fill method each time, and the car still shifts perfectly fine.

When I did top fill method, I added the 5 quarts, then got it up to operating temp, monitored with VCDS, then opened the drain plug while it was running and let the excess drain out from the secondary filler plug until it just stops drizzling out.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
When I did top fill method, I added the 5 quarts, then got it up to operating temp, monitored with VCDS, then opened the drain plug while it was running and let the excess drain out from the secondary filler plug until it just stops drizzling out.

I did the same thing and I never had an issue with my dsg.

ChrisB1

Go Kart Champion
and patience to get the fluids to the proper change temps and cool down temps.

Not as simple as just drain and dump.

It also seems as though it can be a huge ass mess while going through the proper procedures and the excess drains out.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie