GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does APR offer a Stage 1+ tune?

BosnianBreakfast

Passed Driver's Ed
I see that Unitronic, COBB and GIAC all offer a stage 1+ product that requires an intake and provides more power over stage 1. I am not finding anything regarding an APR 1+, only stage 1 and stage 3. Is this right or am I missing something?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
That is correct but APR has different fuels depending on what fuel you are running which is the difference between Unitronic stage 1 and 1+. APR has all the way up to race fuel as an option.

Phur

Autocross Champion
1620820046827.png

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I think the solution is to just go stage 2.

Phur

Autocross Champion
They don’t sell stage 2 tunes anymore.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I bought mine a couple of days before they stopped. They flashed my car to stage 2, then backed it off to stage 1+ because I don’t have a downpipe yet. But I own the tune, so later on when I get a downpipe I will still be able to go stage 2.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
😂
Not to me.

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
I see that Unitronic, COBB and GIAC all offer a stage 1+ product that requires an intake and provides more power over stage 1. I am not finding anything regarding an APR 1+, only stage 1 and stage 3. Is this right or am I missing something?

They have Stage 1+ tune , I had a High Torque file on my MK6 GTI for 5years. I went through 4 updates. I think I stopped at v2.4 But I wouldn't go with APR ever again. Power delivery sucked , it's was a very aggressive tune. Crazy torque in the lower RPMs nothing on the top end . My ECU ended up failing around 40k miles .

I would go with Unitronic (had a stage 1 tune on my Mk4 GTI loved it, their tunes are a bit more conservative compared to the APR an IE tunes. ) Or Integrated Engineering. the IE Stage 1 tune had better powerful delivery it was very linear and a joy to drive unlike the apr tune.

I'm currently running a Stage 2 Integrated Engineering Tune.

Dobro Dosao na MK6 Forum !!

Last edited: