GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

door armrest is filthy

2010 UG

Ready to race!
Ive had my GTI for 2 weeks and put all of 800 miles on it, but the darn armrest is driving me crazy. Im somewhat of a neat freak when it comes to my cars and I cant figure out how to keep it clean. What are yall doing.

my problem is that the black fabric is turning whitish from resting my arm on it as I drive. I tried not putting my arm there, but I refuse to not put my arm on an armrest. Would scotchguard or something help?

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
Scotchguard or 303 Fabric Guard will help - otherwise it's just a high wear area, so regular cleaning will be necessary.

Also, exfoliate that arm, less dead skin cells ;)

jaygti1

Ready to race!
my problem is that the black fabric is turning whitish from resting my arm on it

Try showering? :fighting0030:

TDI110

O_o
Pssh, who needs an armrest, I just keep my hand on my girl friend's lap ;) Jokes aside, I second the fabric guard! I use some sort of German Armor all fabric guard - works great.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
yeah, i noticed it after having my elbow on it..

it's all these darn dead skin cells..

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
It's finally warm enough where I can put the fabric guard on and not worry about it staying wet. Whew!

Think it's wheels + fabric guard tomorrow, then rest of wash on sunday...

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
It's finally warm enough where I can put the fabric guard on and not worry about it staying wet. Whew!

Think it's wheels + fabric guard tomorrow, then rest of wash on sunday...

jmblur, let us know how it looks after you applied scotchguard and let it sit. I think I'll br doing this to my car too

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
I bought 3m scotchguard and did my driver and passenger armrest along with the center armrest last night. There was no discoloring and it feels about the same, not as soft, but not too rough.

DayMan

Ready to race!
Chemical Guys in CA has some amazing stuff. I just found them about a month ago after getting my GTI. I use several of there products and I must say they are all dam amazing. They make an interior protectant. I will be getting this in soon so I will let you all know.. Check all there stuff out, and I am in no way affiliated with them.. Just crazy for there products.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Fabric_Guard_Upholstery_Carpets_Convertible_Tops_p/spi_210_16.htm

jmblur1

Go Kart Champion
jmblur, let us know how it looks after you applied scotchguard and let it sit. I think I'll br doing this to my car too

No noticeable difference, but if you spray it with water it beads up and doesn't soak in at all. :w00t:

I used 303 Fabric Protectant, not Scotchguard.

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
Just an update. I have not applied anymore coats of 3m scotchguard. The protectant seems to be doing it's job! I need to do it to the rear seats arm rest too now!

I picked up some 3m auto fabric cleaner for cheap (used the $1 off coupon from 3m website). I have not used it yet but will probably do so on the front sat arm rests. Then apply 2 new coats of scotchguard.