GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DRL

Njwhitcomb

I have a 2012 jetta tdi and would like to be able to turn off the daytime running lights. Has anyone ever used the euroswitch that is offered for turning off the daytime running lights? I’m not really interested in cutting anything up or screwing with the relay to get them to go off, does anyone have any suggestions? Or is this something a dealer/tuner shop would be able to help with?

torga

Autocross Champion
I can just switch off DRL through my MFD. Does your Jetta not have that option?

Njwhitcomb

I can just switch off DRL through my MFD. Does your Jetta not have that option?
I don’t think it does, how do you do that? On my light switch I only have two options; headlights on or headlights off, and when the headlights are off, the daytime running lights stay on.

torga

Autocross Champion
I don't remember the exact steps. On my MFD -- the screen with settings/options -- there should be some option called "lighting' or "daytime running lights". It's literally just a checkbox. If you have a multi-function steering wheel (dunno how MFD is controlled otherwise), you tap OK on your steering wheel control and that just disables your DRLs. Easy peasy.

torga

Autocross Champion
I have a Golf GTI. I'm just assuming that Mk6 Jettas of the era also had similar functions in the MFD.

torga

Autocross Champion
There are likely some members here with Jetta experience, but this is mainly a Golf forum.

Njwhitcomb

Oh I guess that’s my bad then, I did not see that. Thank you for telling me, and thank you for your help! I am going to try your suggestion just to see if it will work.