GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Swap/replacement questions

9V7W3

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I’m about to replace a DSG trans in a friends car with him, a 2012 GTI. Car has 155K. I figured I would do the rear main for him while in there. Besides the flywheel bolts, are there any other bolts that need to be replaced in this process or that are TTY? Does anyone have a pdf of torque specs for the engine/transmission for this car? Is it a good idea to replace the flywheel as well?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I know a lot of the manual says a lot of the bolts like the trans mount bolts are TTY but I reused everything when I pulled my trans to do the RMS last year except the flywheel bolts. I had 120k on my flywheel but I replaced it anyway, it actually didn't have that much play it in it compared to the new one and I resold my old one on ebay for $100. Bought a new LUK one for about $300.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
$10... JK I checked my source and it's pretty random on tq specs. The trans mount bolts are tty.

Flywheel 60Nm + 90*
Rear seal plate 9Nm

Last edited:

9V7W3

Ready to race!
$10... JK I checked my source and it's pretty random on tq specs. The trans mount bolts are tty.

Flywheel 60Nm + 90*
Rear seal plate 9Nm

Thanks! Do you happen to know the spec for the mount bolts and bolts from trans to engine?

9V7W3

Ready to race!
I know a lot of the manual says a lot of the bolts like the trans mount bolts are TTY but I reused everything when I pulled my trans to do the RMS last year except the flywheel bolts. I had 120k on my flywheel but I replaced it anyway, it actually didn't have that much play it in it compared to the new one and I resold my old one on ebay for $100. Bought a new LUK one for about $300.

Do you happen to have the part number for the flywheel?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 9.57.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 9.58.05 PM.png