GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Tune Auto Upshift Removal

MK5.Ethan

Hi, this is my first post here on the forum. I've done some googling and I've hunted some forums, but I cannot find much info on this.

SO my question is; which companies offer DSG tunes that remove the auto upshift while in manual mode, and what companies make the best DSG tunes, I've been looking into getting Maestro but I just haven't bitten the bullet yet.

Thank you :thumbup:

Jiffyjetta

Ready to race!
Do not get Maestro. It is great for mk4 cars, but not so good on the mk6 platform. Nothing is more disappointing than spending 800-900$ for software, and the software is designed for a different version of Windows and all of the quick tune features only work on mk4 cars. none of the help or how to sections work either, they're all for mk4 cars which doesnt help at all. The customer service is not great either. He will answer your emails within one business day, but you will only get single line answers with no explanation or help really.

Last edited:

MK5.Ethan

Do not get Maestro. It is great for mk4 cars, but not so good on the mk6 platform. Nothing is more disappointing than spending 800-900$ for software, and the software is designed for a different version of Windows and all of the quick tune features only work on mk4 cars. none of the help or how to sections work either, they're all for mk4 cars which doesnt help at all. The customer service is not great either. He will answer your emails within one business day, but you will only get single line answers with no explanation or help really.

Well mines a MK5 but is has a TSI which is why I'm on the MK6 forum, and there's a lot more MK5 support than MK6 on Maestro so I've heard. I'll do some more research though, thank you:)

MK5.Ethan

I’ve read many good reviews on TVS Engineering DSG tune.

Gotcha, if I'm correct you have to go through Revo to get that right? I might just be crazy though. Thank you for the reply :)

UberFast

Ready to race!
There's nothing wrong with maestro. Works fine on windows 10 if you know how to follow instructions and open the software in compatibility mode. I have maestro myself. Will be downloading the dsg software before too much longer. I think most companies that offer dsg tunes, remove the auto upshift and downshift making it a true manual mode.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jiffyjetta

Ready to race!
Well mines a MK5 but is has a TSI which is why I'm on the MK6 forum, and there's a lot more MK5 support than MK6 on Maestro so I've heard. I'll do some more research though, thank you:)
That's correct. It works fine with mk5s, especially the fsi. Works with mk7 quite well too. Mk6 not so much. I'm going to be switching to Cobb most likely. It seems to be the most modern and fancy with loads of support and tuners available.

Last edited:

kiokyau

Gotcha, if I'm correct you have to go through Revo to get that right? I might just be crazy though. Thank you for the reply :)

Well, over here in my country it is done by the Revo dealer. By the way I had gotten the TVS dsg tune for my mk6 gti and wow, it’s really good. Much smoother shifting, no more clutch slips on higher gears and also faster shift response in D or paddle shift in M mode. Do not waste money on any other DSG tunes, just go for TVS. You will not regret it. ?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Maestro works fine with my MK5 TSI, but theres no quick tune adjustment stuff like the Mk7s which I dont really need imo

MK5.Ethan

Maestro works fine with my MK5 TSI, but theres no quick tune adjustment stuff like the Mk7s which I dont really need imo

Cool, thanks for the help:)
Do you have to buy more credits for a DSG tune if you already have maestro? Also how do you like the Maestro tune? IE how does it pull and feel etc

UberFast

Ready to race!
Cool, thanks for the help:)

Do you have to buy more credits for a DSG tune if you already have maestro? Also how do you like the Maestro tune? IE how does it pull and feel etc
Yes you do but you only need 6 credits ($375) vs 8 credits ($499)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion