GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DubLife's mk6 GTI build thread: Clean CW

DubLife

Ready to race!
Well, finally got to making a build thread. I'll start with this:

2012 candy white 2 door 6MT GTI w/ sunroof convenience pkg.

Current Mods-

Interior
OEM aluminum glove box handle
OEM under seat storage bin
OEM euro dash cubby
OEM bluetooth cover under passenger seat
Brushed GTI seat inserts
Plaid Mirror wrap
GTI door sills

Exterior
Lamin-X yellow fog inserts & Nokya bulbs
Clear side markers
License plate LED's

Engine/Performance
Apr stage 1 ecu tune
Euro short shifter
Carbonio stage 1 intake

Suspension/Wheels
ST Coilovers

Last edited:

DubLife

Ready to race!
Got Into a little trouble with the popo for speeding. $125 that could have gone towards mods.

Picked up a Cobra XRS9570 radar detector today.

DubLife

Ready to race!
Removed front plate. *Fingers crossed* hopefully I wont get stopped for not having it on. Just looks so much cleaner without it IMO.

DubLife

Ready to race!
Went to GRD tuning in Villa Park yesterday to finally order my coilovers and get an APR stage 1 ecu tune. Great place and nice people, they did a great job with my b6 a4. So they crack open the ecu while im outside talking to another person about their nicely modded Gti. I then find out that because their internet connection is having issues, that they don't want to risk frying my ecu while downloading and instaling the stage 1 software, so they call off the tune until about next week when my ST coilovers come in and put the ecu back together. Just was such a tease knowing I was about to feel the power of the tune. Oh well, even more excited now. And I'm also debating whether I should just pull the trigger on an apr dp and go stage 2 instead of 1 now.

DubLife

Ready to race!
Wait a couple of weeks for your tune and get it done when APR has their fall sale.

Someone with a mk4 was telling me this tonight too... I may just have to wait I guess. If GRD is still having network problems next week Im gonna hold off on the tune for sure.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Don't get the APR DP. Billy Boat is the same manufacturer as APR uses on their DP, except $200 less.

DubLife

Ready to race!
Don't get the APR DP. Billy Boat is the same manufacturer as APR uses on their DP, except $200 less.

How loud is the BB dp from stock? From what I recall, the bb tbe is pretty damn loud

DubLife

Ready to race!
looks good man :) - i want to get my hand on a set of STs as well :)

Thanks man, I'll let you know how they work out!

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
How loud is the BB dp from stock? From what I recall, the bb tbe is pretty damn loud

Never heard it in stock exhaust. The TBE is only loud if you have the unresonated catback. I have the catless, unresonated TBE and it can get a little loud.

DubLife

Ready to race!
ahh. Well i'll go to one of the tuesday meets and hear some exhausts.

Btw, willing to pay for vagcom tweaks in the Chicago suburbs area...

DubLife

Ready to race!
ST Coilovers and apr stage 1 flash installed today. Wow...That is all I have to say. Handles and performs much better.

Sitting at about 25" FTG right now, going to drop it to 24.5" when I get it aligned. Ill post some before and after pics soon.

Storch

Go Kart Champion
in for pics, nice car :thumbsup: