GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynaudio users

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Quick question for people that have/had the stock Dynaudio system for a while. I have some distortion during certain bass frequencies. I'm not exactly sure where it is but it happens every now and then... And the volume is only at about halfway or 15. Is this normal or should I be looking for a blown speaker/sub somewhere?
Gracias

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
What songs, and what is your source (FM radio, CD, usb, etc.) If digital files, what format are they in?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
What songs, and what is your source (FM radio, CD, usb, etc.) If digital files, what format are they in?

I guess mostly rap, FM or Bluetoofus and Pandora/Apple music. I have an aux cable but no MDI cable and no cd's. Seems like maybe it's just a certain Hz, not sure if system just sucks.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Well, none of those are particularly good sources. FM, Pandora, and the dated Bluetooth in that head unit don't offer very good sound quality. Can you try a CD, then at least we can rule out the source material being the issue. Without a subwoofer, the OEM 6.5's can only do so much to reproduce bass. Pushing a 6.5" below about 80hz is asking for issues. I don't know what high pass filter the Dyn setup uses, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that one or more speakers is blown. Testing with music that is known to be good quality will help isolate the problem, so pop in a CD that you know, and listen for the same issues.

Also, clear your door pockets out, a candy wrapper, a pen, or anything else will resonate with it's resonant frequency is played through the speakers. The noise could be from a buzz, or rattle somewhere other than the speaker itself.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Well, none of those are particularly good sources. FM, Pandora, and the dated Bluetooth in that head unit don't offer very good sound quality. Can you try a CD, then at least we can rule out the source material being the issue. Without a subwoofer, the OEM 6.5's can only do so much to reproduce bass. Pushing a 6.5" below about 80hz is asking for issues. I don't know what high pass filter the Dyn setup uses, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that one or more speakers is blown. Testing with music that is known to be good quality will help isolate the problem, so pop in a CD that you know, and listen for the same issues.

Also, clear your door pockets out, a candy wrapper, a pen, or anything else will resonate with it's resonant frequency is played through the speakers. The noise could be from a buzz, or rattle somewhere other than the speaker itself.

Well I had got rid of my older CD's a while back. Found one to test with but didn't get low enough. My truck didn't even have a CD player, maybe I could burn one. I don't keep anything in the car really, just in the center console. Or maybe I could just play some frequency tracks to see what it does.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Well I had got rid of my older CD's a while back. Found one to test with but didn't get low enough. My truck didn't even have a CD player, maybe I could burn one. I don't keep anything in the car really, just in the center console. Or maybe I could just play some frequency tracks to see what it does.
Sure, you can download some test tones and narrow down where the problem is