GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

East Coast Pipeline Down

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Don’t the Koch brothers own that line? Read it on some no name site, I’m willing to be corrected though.
Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 6.34.14 PM.png

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
I read that the ransom got paid. This is bad right? I mean it's good that the pipeline is open...but this could open the door for it to keep happening.
In case of hospitals. Yeah. One pays. Another gets hacked. They pay. So forth and so on.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
I read that the ransom got paid. This is bad right? I mean it's good that the pipeline is open...but this could open the door for it to keep happening.
Unfortunately because the downtime is so costly, the recommendation is often to just pay the ransom and get it over with as soon as possible.

cb1111

Wait till you hear about our fixed icbm systems still using floppy discs 😂
Yep. I spent some time at NORAD and Cheyenne - I have the coffee cup to prove it.

There are still some commercial aviation systems that are running DOS - actually pretty secure.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Yep. I spent some time at NORAD and Cheyenne - I have the coffee cup to prove it.

There are still some commercial aviation systems that are running DOS - actually pretty secure.
Bro I’ve worked on the various stinger systems, patriot and Nike Hercules. What are we doing 😂

cb1111

Bro I’ve worked on the various stinger systems, patriot and Nike Hercules. What are we doing 😂
Actually, from a security standpoint, the old systems are better. The problem is the vast amount of money required to keep those ancient systems working. But these clowns were using an old modern system (I think Win98) that was unpatched. I suspect they used a common password too.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Actually, from a security standpoint, the old systems are better. The problem is the vast amount of money required to keep those ancient systems working. But these clowns were using an old modern system (I think Win98) that was unpatched. I suspect they used a common password too.
I can tell u stories but can't since I didn't even have the proper security clearance to know of these stories in the first place 🤣