GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EBAY LED Tails Review

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
no issues so far. I siwtched out the reverse bulbs to deautokey LED reverse bulbs which are a lot brighter.

Sylvania Silverstar on right and deautokey on left.

I don't have LED tails, but i've had my deautokey backup lights for like 3 years now with no issue. Really nice having them with 20% tint lol.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I don't have LED tails, but i've had my deautokey backup lights for like 3 years now with no issue. Really nice having them with 20% tint lol.
Yeah i dont really really need them as i live in the city and almost always there is some source of light. But you can see a lot more and be seen a lot easier with the LED reverse lights.

jon570

Ready to race!
Yeah i dont really really need them as i live in the city and almost always there is some source of light. But you can see a lot more and be seen a lot easier with the LED reverse lights.

you used 921 reverse bulbs instead of the stock bulbs? I just ordered a set of these lights last night. Wanna have the bulbs ready

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
you used 921 reverse bulbs instead of the stock bulbs? I just ordered a set of these lights last night. Wanna have the bulbs ready

Yes these tails for Reverse lights use 921 bulbs.(they are the stock euro size bulb) i originally tried to use the stock halogen 7440 and they will not fit in the socket or housing.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
no issues so far. I siwtched out the reverse bulbs to deautokey LED reverse bulbs which are a lot brighter.

Sylvania Silverstar on right and deautokey on left.

So when a big ass huntsman is crawling around in your garage do you freak out or are you use to it?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Is that a GLI? Yours too?
Haha thats my brothers. There is also a mk4 gli outside the garage.

So when a big ass huntsman is crawling around in your garage do you freak out or are you use to it?
They basically stay out of sight lol

But yeah my garage could use a little cleaning up lol.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I used these halogen bulbs
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/sylvania-921-silverstar-mini-bulb-pack-of-2-921stbp2/5080156-P

Then bought the deautokey led bulbs because i wanted flood lights for reverse lights.
http://deautokey.com/product/mk6-gti-golf-euro-taillights-reverse-cree-led-kit-error-free-and-bright

The halogens are alright for use and arent bad. I just wanted to go to the LEDs and be as bright as possible

Thanks for the support, the reverse are no joke & very bright, same model used in the GSW: