GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

:: ECS Tuning :: VW MK6 ECS Catch Can System - New Item !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

corman1313

Ready to race!
2 inches might work for some intakes and not others. From the look of Carniifex's Cobb intake, there is no way 2 inches will help. I had no idea that Cobb put the connection where they did until we tried to install his intake. I agree that having an option with longer lines would be better but I'm sure their R&D was for their intake or the stock intake.
I may have a different reaction if I wasn't able to get the CC to fit on the USP rear pipe and to be honest it's the intake that's the issue for me, not the lines. The connection on the intake sticks out further than the stock connection so it would fit fine if it was filed down first. I'd say you'll have better luck leaving everything loose until it fits properly and then tighten it back up. There are so many intakes with their own designs I can see its hard to make the product fit for so many.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
2 inches might work for some intakes and not others. From the look of Carniifex's Cobb intake, there is no way 2 inches will help. I had no idea that Cobb put the connection where they did until we tried to install his intake. I agree that having an option with longer lines would be better but I'm sure their R&D was for their intake or the stock intake.
I may have a different reaction if I wasn't able to get the CC to fit on the USP rear pipe and to be honest it's the intake that's the issue for me, not the lines. The connection on the intake sticks out further than the stock connection so it would fit fine if it was filed down first. I'd say you'll have better luck leaving everything loose until it fits properly and then tighten it back up. There are so many intakes with their own designs I can see its hard to make the product fit for so many.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Correct, sadly we can not support all in this case (also some of those intakes we do not carry on the site). Wish I had better news.

Andy

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Why doesn't it say on the posting on ECS's website that it doesn't fit all of these intakes? I was looking at this and quite frankly would have been royally pissed off. I've spent thousands at ECS over the years, this really makes me think twice about where I order in the future. Glad I went with one of the competitors catch cans. Very misleading and very disappointing to see this from a company that I thought was a leader in the industry.

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
The COBB intake BARELY fits with this setup. I had to run the return line to the right with the 180° hose end to start then loop it around to the left with my own hosing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Why doesn't it say on the posting on ECS's website that it doesn't fit all of these intakes? I was looking at this and quite frankly would have been royally pissed off. I've spent thousands at ECS over the years, this really makes me think twice about where I order in the future. Glad I went with one of the competitors catch cans. Very misleading and very disappointing to see this from a company that I thought was a leader in the industry.

Sorry I can not comment on all intakes, specifically kits we do not sell. Yet again, the end fittings are reusable if anyone needs to make custom line lengths.

All products sold on the site have a 100% satisfaction guarantee - "ECS Tuning wants to make sure that all products meet your expectations both before and after installation. Contact our Customer Service Team who will be happy to take care of you regarding any warranty claims or questions you may have."

Happy modding!

Andy

CarniifeX

Go Kart Champion
Here's a quick shot of mine I took this morning after installing it last night. Need to oil the o-ring and tighten the spacer a bit more so it sits inside the housing.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Here's a quick shot of mine I took this morning after installing it last night. Need to oil the o-ring and tighten the spacer a bit more so it sits inside the housing.

Nice paint job on that can! Is that automotive paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.