GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Pro kit

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
I've had the Eibach springs on for a few months now but finally installed the Eibach shocks in a couple of weeks ago at ABD racing. this is the order of shocks i have had on my car; used Koni Yellows-Stock-Eibach.

the konis were terrible, i dont know if it was because they were used or if its just they way they are, i did not like them. i went to the stock shocks while the eibachs were being shipped. koni to stock was significantly better. there was less bounce and less sensitivity to the little stuff in the road. but after a couple of months it got on my nerves too. with the eibach's it did make for a softer ride overall. going up driveways with a sharp edge in the pavement wasn't so noticeable and cornering felt a lot smoother as well.

special thanks to ABD racing in riverside, CA. Adrian was awesome through out the whole thing. i put them in a tough situation and they were still able to help out. will be back there for any mechanical or modification needs! :w00t:

Attachments

• IMAG0231.jpg
    IMAG0231.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 314
  • IMAG0361.jpg
    IMAG0361.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 316
  • IMAG0244.jpg
    IMAG0244.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 7,841

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
This kit so provides the perfect drop. Looks fantastic! Good to know I'm not the only one who takes pictures while filling up...

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
I think its a bit higher on a four door than it is a two door, no?

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
I've actually heard the opposite. Now that I am used to the drop I wish it was a taaad bit lower. I'm still searching for a better ride but I don't think coils will help so I might just leave it.

@Matt, Haha I was walking out from buying something and had to take a pic

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Looks great! Some spacers on th rear would really set it off.

Is your tint 35%? And are the tails smoked or cherry?

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
I'll post some wheel gap pics tonight.

Tint is 35% all around and the tails are the non-tinted. I will probably get 10mm in the back

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
I have the Pro Kit springs but haven't installed them yet.

My plan was to put them on this Spring/Summer and run them on the stock shocks until NEXT Spring/Summer.

Do you think I will be ok for a year on stock shocks? If not....where did you get your Eibach shocks and how much are they?

Also....did your ride height remain the same for all 3 brands of shocks?

PENROSE

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately....I drive 60 miles round trip (to/from work) Mon thru Fri.

Probably put 325 miles on per week.

17,000-18,000 miles per year.

Lots of driving.....but 90% are highway miles.

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Id say if 90% highway you should be good for a while. I mean the DG springs are about half inch, this is not much more than that so it would not be huge wear. Some people go 50k miles on stock shocks and aftermarket springs while others don't. Just drive carefully around potholes and bumpy roads.

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
I have the Pro Kit springs but haven't installed them yet.

My plan was to put them on this Spring/Summer and run them on the stock shocks until NEXT Spring/Summer.

Do you think I will be ok for a year on stock shocks? If not....where did you get your Eibach shocks and how much are they?

Also....did your ride height remain the same for all 3 brands of shocks?

with the amount of highway you do i dont see why they wouldnt last. but the condition of the highway will probably play a roll. i have read threads with people making them last 30k+ miles.

i bought the shocks at a local shop (ABD racing) so i didnt pay shipping, i guess just shop around? the ride height stayed the same with all 3 brand of shocks.

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
i did the best i could with the pic's. i have some older ones i took when i had the original tires and ones i just took with toyo tires. limited by the camera on my phone
overall gap is more than 1 finger but less than 2. i want to measure the gap by putting a flat stick on the tire that reaches out past the fender, then a ruler from the lip of the fender down to the stick perpendicular to it, is that right?

edit: finger gap is a tight 2

Attachments

• IMAG0246.jpg
    IMAG0246.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 231
  • IMAG0403.jpg
    IMAG0403.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 174
  • IMAG0401.jpg
    IMAG0401.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 200
  • IMAG0248.jpg
    IMAG0248.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 204
  • IMAG0402.jpg
    IMAG0402.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
Oh man - those pics make me wanna order them from Tire Rack right now!!!!!!